What's new

3db's setup at the trailer. (1 Viewer)

3dbinCanada

Second Unit
Real Name
Ted
Here's the entertainment center with cassette deck. The bluetooth attached subwoofer sits between the left hand side of the recliner and behind dining room chair against the wall. I've been resting the soundbar across the open cabinet doors and I was tired of the rats nest of wiring that was there so I attempted to clean some up.
The before shot:
IMG_6623.jpg
IMG_6795.jpg

I ordered some floating shelf brackets but the dimensions on the plate that gets fastened to the mounting surface wasn't given so I took a chance and ordered them off of Amazon. I also out rerouted the wiring and orderd a 15 ft optical cable and routed that back up from the cabinet to behind the display.

IMG_7018.jpg
IMG_7019.jpg
IMG_7020.jpg
IMG_7021.jpg

That little box with the redlight on it is an ADC that converts analog out from the deck to digital TOSLINK so I can connect it to the soundbar. When using it, I have to unplug the HDMI out or it bypasses the TOSLINK input. I can live with that inconvenience. The only issue is that I can't open the cabinet doors all the way as the mounting plate of the floating shelve cabinets are two thick as shown below;

IMG_7072.jpg

I found a pair of 14" right angle brackets that I'm going to mount behind the TV. I checked and I have enough wood back there to go up 14" behind the TV on either side. It will also finally be tall enough to open the cabinet doors without the tops rubbing against the underneath of the sound bar. I'm waiting on the order to come in.

Here's the sub location;
IMG_7067.jpg

It sounds good at all the seated locations.

3dbinCanada

Second Unit
Real Name
Ted
I spent the last 5 days at the trailer. It was a maintenance stay having washed and waxed it, treating the rubber seals at the bump outs and applying a UV protecter on the roof. I didnt get on the water once with the kayak but next visit for sure.

One of the things I did do was to replace the brackets holding up the sound bar with a larger pair which are placed behind the display. I can once again open the doors all the way as well as shown by the first pic.

I added command strips to both the bottom of the sound bar and top of the bracket to prevent pushing the soundbar off the bracket.

IMG-7196.jpg
IMG-7197.jpg
IMG-7198.jpg
IMG-7199.jpg
IMG-7202.jpg

81FSjiUVW-L._AC_SY879_.jpg

3dbinCanada

Second Unit
Real Name
Ted
Here's what I listened to last night. They are/were a Canadian band based out of the Maritimes (Eastern Canada)

IMG-7220.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks