What's new
World Wide Stereo

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Well. I'm wanting a couple things to go with this. A new 55 inch Sony 4k TV and some new floor standing Paradigms to go with my bookshelves. But this would certainly make going to Atmos easier.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Backup15andpunt

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel Hakam
I am working a new media room and I could see nothing better than adding a Denon X5200W receiver to enhance that beautiful experience that we have come to expect from 90 inch 4K TV. Having friends and family over for a movie night would make me the envy of my neighborhood.

davenportbuz

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
Couldn't afford my "ideal" Dolby Atmos set up, but having this bad boy would get me off to the right start in complimenting my Samsung F8500 plasma, NHT speakers and M&K sub!

Nottingham

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Nottingham
The Denon Dolby Atmos Receiver X5200W would be a great centerpiece coupled with Boston Acoustics A100's (old school and great for multichannel music) for the sound field with timbre matched speakers for the extra surround channels (ceiling etc.). I like SVS, Hsu Research, or Velodyne for subwoofer low end duty. Samsung Blu-Ray player with 4K Ultra projector would be a great visual treat.

paries

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
I have 7.1 already,Just finished my home theater ( a 1 year project) ...would love to upgrade to 9.2! Thanks for the opportunity!

keithjo

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith Johnson
In my ideal Atmos home theater I would love to start with this Denon receiver. I've been wanting a Denon for years but could never allocate the funds.

Good Luck to everyone!

staindrocks

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
My ideal Atmos setup would be a 9.2.4 speaker configuration, with the speaker choice yet to be determined. But yeah, basically i just want a HT with the best of everything. That's the dream! Unfortunately, unless i either win my equipment in contests such as this, or hit the lottery someday, i'll have to settle for a dream HT on a budget.

But the X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver would be an excellent head start, and i would be over the moon happy with the 7.2.2 Atmos setup that the X5200W would allow me to do. Come on, luck!

Timbambam

Auditioning
Real Name
Tiim Bambrough
I would love to replace my current Denon AVR-589 with this new Denon Atmos. I would love the ability to connect to my WiFi. Here hoping you choose me.

DaveB

Stunt Coordinator
The ideal Atmos setup would power my SVS speakers and subwoofers. But above all it would be in my house! :)

Rick Ewing

Agent
My situation is constrained by the layout of the room but not impossible. My current AVR is the Denon X2000 so the X5200W would be a sweet upgrade to be sure. I have a 5.1 configuration now, mainly because there are no really good places for a second set of surrounds. My couch is against the back wall with rear towers in the corners (this is a established Dolby configuration). Rear mounted speakers (even in-walls) isn't a good idea with them so close to your head. Speakers on the side walls would be difficult (but not impossible to wire since a window is on the left side and the right side is asymmetrical in terms of distance to the center seating spot (correctable through software).

But the real fun would be ceiling mounted to get the full Atmos effect. i have a 12 foot barn-type ceiling so reflective add-ons probably wouldn't work right. There is no accessible attic above the ceiling so any installer would have their work cut out for them. But I do think it's possible and if I win, I would love to find out (5.1.4?).

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
My ideal setup would be in the home theater I plan to start work on soon. I will be converting my garage into a full-blown home theater and this receiver would be perfect for my setup.

dannphou

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Denon Receivers have sounded really the past couple years and here's to hoping Dolby Atmos can make a change in my home theater set up!

KalaniP

Grip
I already have a Denon 3312, so I'd love to upgrade that to this newer better Atmos-enabled Denon! I have a 7.1 setup already (soon to be 7.2), and as soon as I have a capable receiver, I'll be adding 4 Atmos speakers in my ceiling and preparing for home theater bliss!

michaelsheehan

Auditioning
My ideal setup would be having one at all! I teach post production and adore Atmos and would so enjoy establishing such a system in my home.

Tom Oloffo

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas Oloffo
My Ideal set up would be to add New Definitive Cieling Speakers to my Existing Def Tech System . Now that would really ROCK !

dradam

Auditioning
Real Name
adam
My home theatre has an acoustically transparent black fabric ceiling beneath absorptive panels. (Solserene-owens corning). The fabric could be easily taken down to add the Atmos speakers. It was the first thing I thought of when Atmos was introduced. Hope I win the Denon-- it would be an amazing upgrade and fun install for my theatre.

Attachments

• Black ceiling.jpg
    Black ceiling.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 45

JimDMass

Auditioning
My ideal setup would be this Denon at the hub, a Visio 4k tv, oppo blu-ray, and a set of B&W speakers. Thanks.

SirGCal

Auditioning
Real Name
Christopher Stiefel
With my latest rash of medical bills due to my Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, I still haven't upgraded from my Yamaha and 5.1 setup using old school Polk Audio RT55' all the way around. I've been wanting to get all new speakers and used Onkyo since the 90's until this Yamaha. Always wanted Denon, couldn't afford it. To my family, this would be a pipe dream, but being in a wheelchair and unable to move, we (wife and 2 boys) watch a LOT of movie and TVs and they do love good sound (they have my ear for detail). I even have an electrician to help with in-wall/ceiling wiring... To dream. Thanks for the chance.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I have some quality pieces, but my avr is lacking. After buying many avr's, I gave up once HDMI came on the scene. I did purchase a Onkyo refurb TX-NR414 a year or so ago,but it doesn't quite match or have enough power. Being on a budget and two kids to put through school, a new avr is last on the list.

It would be nice to hear atmos and on a nice avr. My speakers include KEF Q900's/Paradigm Monitor 7 v.3, Paradigm CC-370 v.3, Sapphire surrounds and rears, SVS 25-31PC+. Also have a Oppo BDP-103. AVR just doesn't cut it.

My system would feel complete with this Denon and two more speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks