What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurseBSN

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Let's face it, free, duh. Devon x5200W 9.2, double duh. Dolby Atmos AVR, sheaw icing on the cake. And Insurgent to boot in Blu-ray.... time to fill the Kegerator with a nice fall beer and have the friends over to enjoy with a nice smoked salmon filet, who's in? Thank you for the dream, now if only.........

JKR1963

Auditioning
Real Name
James
My ideal setup is a 7.2.4 setup and I don't have Atmos yet. I would love to win this unit and the movie too!!

conradforever

Auditioning
Real Name
Conrad
My ideal home atmos setup would the X5200W as the star of the show. Big time Denon fan. Would do a 5.1.4 setup with a projector and screen. Add comfy chairs and friends and family. Dim the lights, it Dolby Atmos movie time! Would love this to upgrade my old gear.

BrianLipszyc

Auditioning
I love Denon products so this would be an ideal AVR for me. Would also love to have 4 new speakers to place on my ceiling!

cocrh

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I would carefully and gently remove (so as to not disturb the inch of dust) the old Marantz and walk it over to the pile of old audio gear in the garage and set it between the Carver Holographic Generator and the KLH Transient Noise Eliminator. Man I hated pops and clicks on my albums!!

This would move me into the 2000's..WhooHoo!!

Ben Jordan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ben
My ideal Atmos setup would be any speakers & subs processed by the Denon X5200! I love my current Denon 4308CI but it's begging to be upgraded! :)

jbwhite99

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon
A great TV is the most important piece to a home theatre for viewing, but the real centerpiece is a good receiver like this Denon receiver. A good receiver serves as the centerpiece of the theatre room (or living room in my case) - but can also service another room or outdoor space. A blu-ray player (perfect for fighting those Insurgents) is key - but what I have done is build a PC into my setup - it isn't super powerful - just 3 cores, with an HDMI port. With that, I have watched my high school play football, pulled up ESPN 3, and helped digitize my family's home movies. With those 3 or 4 pieces, I would be all set - but I also have a VCR plugged in as well (trying to get everything off of tapes).

However, a receiver like this will negate the need for everything, and can be a great traffic cop, connecting all of the pieces together. VCR? Covered. Cable box? Give me the HDMI. Old DVD player? Let me upscale the image. DVD Recorder? Let me pass you a good clean signal. Need music? Great radio signal. Pandora, etc - got them covered too.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I would do a 7.2.4 with the Denon being the brains. I would go with Triad Gold speakers all around, for subs I would let Power Sound Audio design 2 18" dual subs. I would have a Seymour acoustic 120" screen with a JVC 4K projector. GIK would handle the acoustic treatments. This system should just about do it!

D&M know their Biz.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
With this receiver, I'd have height speakers and a second sub for Atmos and DTS/X, Plus, a 4K 3D projector (whenever they come down in price or win the lottery!)

garbhead

Auditioning
Real Name
Fred Janes
Would like to finish my theater room in the basement starting with this receiver X5200W....High quality projector...Bose speaker system...blu-ray..even incorporate my old Denon turntable and stock up on latest vinyl releases. Hard drive storage of all purchased movies, sorted and instant accessibility. Same for music collection.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
X5200W would replace my 5700 that stopped working last month.

With the 5200 I would start a complete make over of my theater including the installation of new speakers in the ceiling, a new screen and new seating.

One can always dream.

gary legge

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
Smokinglegges here,

Hi,

This Denon x5200w 9.2 is so ready for my room. I have 2

speakers back, left and right surround, front far right and left, centre left and right , two subs and 2 speaker high left and right , all just waiting to taste this Denon receiver. Please let these speakers and my fab room partake please. Thanks for the opportunity.

Smokin' Gary Legge

JoseG

Auditioning
Our Home Theater room is ready to be upgraded to an Dolby Atmos system. The ideal system for our perfectly calibrated home theater would include upgrading of our 5.1 Sony receiver and Sony bluray player to an Dolby Atmos setup and our old Epson 720C projector to a projector similar to the Sony VPL-HW40ES projector or better.

On a regular basis, we invite friends and family to watch newly released bluray movies or to watch basketball or football games; they are impressed by the size of the screen but mostly by the sound system. Many of them have installed similar systems but using now LED TVs and 7.1 systems, this, as a result of enjoying our modest set up. Imagine what would be their reaction when they see and hear Insurgent in an Dolby Atmos setup in our home where the sound not only comes from around them but also from above!!

Laxw09

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack
This would be a great upgrade for my gaming/theater area in the basement. My old receiver is showing it's age.

Scott Jentsch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
My ideal Atmos-capable system would be one that would be quite flexible in its configuration, so that it could handle a wide variety of speakers and layouts. A receiver in the $1,500+ price range would ideally be capable of processing 7.1.6 channels (I'm happy to supply amplification for the front three and allow me to use those amp channels for other channels), and some auto-detection of speaker placement for bed (angles for surrounds) and height object rendering would be nice (and something I would pay extra for).

This ideal Atmos-capable system would also integrate itself into my existing remote control setup, be IP/internet-aware and controllable via a variety of methods for the best performance and ease of use.

Of course, since we're talking ideal scenarios here, DTS:X would be ideal...

HuynH

Grip
My ideal system would tame this terrible room layout with glass and vaulted ceiling. Hoping the X5200W and few extra speakers would do the trick.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Let's see - perfect home theater would be the extension off the back of the house, sound-proofed construction, top of the line theater seats, popcorn machine, the largest 4K screen I could find + a 108" retractable screen and projector set-up, R-28F Klipsch speaker set up + additional speakers in the ceiling, powered by the glory of the Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver blowing the doors off my newly minted dedicated home theater.

James_Z

Agent
I've never heard or could afford a Dolby Atmos setup so I could'nt say what my ideal setup would be, but I'd love to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks