1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Adam Gregorich, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mva6912

mva6912 Auditioning

Matthew
    My ideal setup would be something amazing. I have never had a home theater system. If I win this system I will finally have a true home movie experience.

2. Type A

Type A HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Ty
    My ideal set up would be this new AVR driving my existing speakers after I add a pair for the high channels. Well, ok, maybe all new speakers from their Signature line but theres no give-away for them yet....

3. PaulHeroy

PaulHeroy Stunt Coordinator

I'm rocking a 7.2 setup right now and the best way to take it to the next level is to add 4 ceiling channel speakers! My multi-use living room has a cathedral ceiling so I'm really looking forward to adding that height dimension. The wife is not happy about me wanting to add to what we have or spend money, so winning an X5200W might be the only way I can get a foot in that door, so to speak, in the next year. Fingers crossed!

4. wayder

wayder Auditioning

wayde
  5. Stokestack

Stokestack Auditioning

Gavin
    First I'm going to have a barn-raising. I don't need a rabbit warren of rooms in my home. Just a lot of space, and I think a barn with a loft would be perfect.

Of course, all that open area will provide plenty of space for a properly configured projection system and speakers ahoy. Whereas once I might have said that anything beyond 5.1 is overkill, if someone's going to shove 9.1 down my throat with a shoehorn labeled "free," I'm going to approach it with an open mind.

I'm hoping that my barn will have a retractable (yet rustic timber) floor with a pool underneath. That pool will reside in front of the massive screen, so my guests and I can watch movies while occasionally visiting the swim-up bar.

Will there be underwater speakers? YOU KNOW IT. Will I configure them for 9.1? Hm. Based on humans' very limited ability to localize sounds underwater, I maintain that it would be overkill in this case. However... dolphins are cute, and if I have some over, I want them to have the full surround experience. I wonder if they enjoy the whale scenes in Star Trek 4...

Anyway, while my Amish friends and I build the barn, I will temporarily enjoy the receiver with my projector and the 100-inch screen I built with a stained wood frame and vinyl screen material. Of course, if the Amish are going to stay with me, we'll have to watch Witness and... I don't know what else.

6. Ernie Estrella

Ernie Estrella Stunt Coordinator

Ernie
    I've been in the land of 5.1 for about 11 years now and the jump up to 9.2 would be absolutely incredible. In this current stage of life I don't think I'd be able to experience for another ten plus years from now, but the thought of all of those extra channels and extra sub is already frying my senses. With the Denon X5200W I'd not only feel like I had the power I need to catch up to the modern day HT enthusiasts but also have the tech to taste the future.

In an ideal world, I'd upgrade my old Paradigm Classic series with some Paradigm Reference speakers, add some additional overhead channels in my ceiling and use the bluetooth options to get music networked throughout the three floors in my house and I'd upgrade my TV from a 37" TV to a 55" OLED. It's all pipe dreams but this receiver would get me one step closer. I adore watching movies with my 5 year old son, especially when the rear channels kick in. My 1-year old daughter talks to them too. Seeing them react to overhead channels would be a lot of fun. This receiver would jump start a whole new land of discovery in home theater tech, something I haven't done in several years. Good luck to everyone who's entered and thanks to HTF, Denon, and Lionsgate for holding this contest!

7. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    The den is almost ready for a Dolby Atmos setup, I have ceiling speakers which I have not installed and I don't have an AVR yet, everything else is ready. The highlight for me will be 4K Blu-ray playback if I can put this together.

8. balboarules

balboarules Auditioning

steve
    I have done so many upgrades to my system over the years, and never once was any of it cheap.. Having just had quadruple bypass surgery and living on temp disability and forced to rest most of the time, this is an upgrade I WANT to make, but probalby cannot... so winning this contest would almost be a dream!

I own over 1200 blu ray titles just dying for this upgrade to happen, and since I have to spend most of my time resting due to the surgery, I would get more joy out of this than you can imagine..

Here is hoping I actually win this, as I have never won anything in my life, and this is something that I truly want to have and experience.

Thank you for giving me a shot.

9. Jon Huber

Jon Huber Agent

My 'current' Denon receiver is so old (AVR-3200 purchased in 1998 or 1999) it doesn't even have on board DTS, so I have 6 cables running from my Panny DMP-BPT500 Bluray to the 6 channel input on the Denon just to get DTS, though it does have an LD AC3 input (look it up) and they still sound amazing even if they can be difficult to watch on the video side.

Now that I have the last daughter off to college...I can take over her room for the new man cave. My 'currnet' Paradigm speakers are even older than the AVR-3200, so the new Dolby Atmos AVR with Oppo BD and B&W all around will be the order of the day. Boom!

Thanks HTF for offering these contests...it is always fun to dream.

10. WMABERLE

WMABERLE Auditioning

William Aberle
    A 65 inch UHD TV on the wall in the den with a couple of Atmos speaker mounted in the ceiling and the Denon X5200W to power the system. The rest of the speakers would be mounted at seat height andd the "biggest baddist and lowest" subwoofer for sub sonic feelings.

11. Calvin Ty

Calvin Ty Auditioning

My ideal receiver for home use would be one that offers 11.2 speakers, second zone, streams music, plays local movies and music, supports several lossless format (maybe DSD too), kick ass control app for iOS/android (or offers api to incorporate into home automation), remotely upgradable firmware and lastly a professional audio room calibration software with charts and such. All this isn't too much to ask is it?

12. tank

tank Extra

Bart
    I'm starting over from scratch because of a new house. My old system was a 5.1 and I'm hoping to upgrade. My Ideal system would include the Denon X5200W 9.2 with Atmos surround sound. This would be a dream system!

13. Gryfter

Gryfter Auditioning

Adam Stamos
    My ideal Atmos setup would be the 7.2.2 setup I'd have in my living room after winning this receiver. ;)

14. WatsonV

WatsonV Auditioning

Watson Visuwan
    Giving me the Atmos AVR will be Denon's opportunity to steal a customer away from Pioneer and their Elite products.... I will do everything in my power to destroy my Elite on video using any method I can of Denon's choice.

15. kevinelinke

kevinelinke Auditioning

Kevin Linke
    My ideal Atmos setup is having the full eleven speakers in play with a 4k projection system in my living room. I want to live in that room.

Please, let me win!!

16. earlhem

earlhem Auditioning

Daniel
    I intend to upgrade my current 5.1 system with a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR and a new set of Klipsch RP140-SA Dolby Atmos Enabled Elevation Speakers to my current Klipsch Reference Performance Speakers. Winning the Denon X5200W would allow me to use the funds towards purchasing a new 4K projector.
    :D

17. Chris Smigelski

Chris Smigelski Auditioning

New home new everything. This would be the topping on the cake. Some new Def Techs would also be nice

18. FrankNolan

FrankNolan Agent

Shawn
    Looking to upgrade from my eight-year-old hand-me-down RCA 5.1 system. This would be ideal.

19. dlinke01

dlinke01 Auditioning

David
    I want to upgrade and every night have the cops called on me regardless of what I am watching! This would be amazing

20. shirky

shirky Auditioning

Stephen Shirk
    My dream home theater setup would be these Atmos speakers so I could turn it up to 11.

SHIRKY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.