What's new
World Wide Stereo

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu's Cheesecake

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Lost all my electronics to Hurricane Sandy. This would be the base for a new system, The Atmos, 7 speakers, my West Side Story Blu-Ray and for the first time in three years, my diaphragm gets rattled!

728x90

KevinGS

Stunt Coordinator
I'M IN!!!

My 15 year old Denon doesn't have HDMI so I would really like a new receiver to complement my 4 ohm speakers.

I have 7.1 speakers but only a 5.1 system, this would definitely help.

thx :D

Jimjum27

Agent
Real Name
Jim J.
Moved recently and my receiver broke! Would be super excited to make the Denon the centerpiece of my new home theater. How I long to hear the sweet sweet sound of explosions again. Please & thank you ☺️

dfc

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan
I need to throw this system out:

insignia-2.jpg

Brian_

Grip
Real Name
Brian
We finally moved out of my in-laws house and a shiny new 9.2 atmos receiver would be a great addtion to the living room. I've always thought putting speakers in/on the ceiling would add a lot to the surround sound effects, plus I'm always looking for another excuse to buy a couple more speakers...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Denon repl95 sm.jpg

Denon Surround Intergrated Amp.jpg

IMG_1156.JPG

Dolby Atmos is part of my dream system upgrade that can not be realized till I gain employment once again!

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I was looking at the new line of Denon "X” series today and thinking of how fitting it would be to my soon to be Atmos set up at home. I’ve owned Denon’s for years and could really use an upgrade. This AVR looks like it would do the trick!

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
I am very satisfied with my Samsung plasma, so adding this receiver and upgrading speakers would be great. A new Blu-ray player might also be affordable since the price on this Denon is so nice.

Garth020762

Auditioning
Real Name
Bob
I just finished remodel of my living room with ceiling speakers for future expansion. Hopefully things go well. I have one major issue. I did not pay attention to 4 ohm speakers working with a min 6 ohm receiver. Darn it.

ATMOS, even though don't know too much about it yet, will provide me with all sorts of smiles and listening pleasure. A more complete sound experience. Yay!! But this is why I am here, to learn all about home theater.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Gotta start with the Denon in the rack, absolutely. I'm going to go with Paradigm Prestige speakers for my LCR, and I LOVE the sound of Noble Fidelity speakers all around me to envelop me in that ATMOS sound! Dual PSA S3600I subs underline the sound to a crisp and perfect finish. And, I'll play Insurgent on my OPPO BDP103D.

Elijah

Supporting Actor
I have been a big fan of Insurgent since it was in pre-conception states. Back when they were still thinking up the ideas for the script, WAY before the cast was decided upon I've been deep in the fandom. I have several Insurgent tattoos that I wont mention here and have even set up a candle-lit shrine in my basement dedicated to the actors a small display of memorabilia at my house.

I WANT THIS COPY OF INSURGENT@@!>

Oh, and I guess the receiver would be cool too ;)

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
This receiver plus a new projector would be an ideal upgrade for my home theater.

Listening to movies in a dolby atmos theater is amazing. Would love to experience even a part of that at home.

travismd

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis
I would start by moving my home theater to a new, separate room/space in my house that I would sound proof. 6-8 stadium seats is all I need, surrounded by speakers and a projection system, the Atmos system would be the ideal audio solution to make for a perfect home theater experience. I've heard a demo system and it is truly spectacular!!!

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Winning a new receiver (a brand new excuse to buy additional speakers) on a fixed retiree's income...what's not to like! Plus it would increase my wife's love for me (not spending more money on hardware).

Triad Caniac

Auditioning
Real Name
Jarrett
I love Denon and got a great deal on a 5803 many years ago. It works great, but lacks all of the new technology. I'm still in 5.1 land with component video connections. I'd love to be able to come back to the 21st century and experience Atmos!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Would be great to win the receiver and finally have an excuse to upgrade the 15 year old Paradigm speakers that comprise my 5.1 system.

4mopars7078

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Like many here I have a surround system but is has become outdated because of life's expenses. Movie watching has always been my escape when I can get a few hours. A great surround system makes the movie watching experience so exponentially more immersive. I recently checked out a Dolby Atmos system in an enclosed home theater room at an electronics store and I have to say it is breathtaking. I have always been an admitted audiophile but the audio was unexpectedly spectacular. I could follow the sound around the room and in 3D space overhead. It felt better than a movie theater......like I was IN the movie not just watching it. The crispness and clarity was what caught my attention the most.....being able to turn up the volume without adding any noticeable distortion. With a 9.2 setup like this I would HAVE to make more time for movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks