What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Ideally? I'd have a basement where I could set up an Atmos theater with proper overheads. But, since I live in Florida basements are a rare find in homes. Maybe id I close in the garage...

Greg Dav

Auditioning
My ideal Home Theater setup would start with a 23 1/2' Long X 14 1/2 ' Wide X 9' High room that was built with sound conditioning and sound proofing in mind. The JVC DLA-X500R D-ILA 4K front projector would shine on a 120" Stewart Grayhawk screen. The speaker system would be 11 Tannoy Dual Concentric Speakers all around with 2 strategically placed Paradigm Sub 2 Subwoofers. The great Oppo BDP 105 Blu Ray Player would spin the discs and of course, the magnificent Denon X5200W AVR would be the brain and muscle of the system. I'd need an additional power amp since Atmos ideal layout requires 11 channels. Some popcorn with my lovely wife and daughter sitting beside me in my Seatcraft leather recliners would certainly be my dream Home Theater.

Thanks and good luck to all.

Hal Masonberg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hal Masonberg
If I were to win this Denon, I would go back to having weekly movie nights at my place for my closest friends and family. You can't have a sound system like this and not share it with the people in your life who would most enjoy and cherish it. There's nothing more gratifying than turning people on to great films. Seeing and hearing them at their best makes that experience even more precious.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My ideal Atmos setup would be this receiver, and a new set of surround speakers. Preferably a set of matching 9 to wall mount and elevate around the living room, like the SVS primes or ultras (I'd have to do more research if I actually was fortunate enough to win this AVR).

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
Honestly, my ideal set-up is the one I have now. I have a very small basement room, big enough for a 60" Mitsubishi RP DLP, my Boston bookshelf speakers, and a sofa. The Pioneer AV receiver I have is over 12 years. I new receiver would really tie the room together.

Maneesh

Stunt Coordinator
My ideal Atmos setup (on a realistic budget) - the Denon receiver (of course :D), fullset of Atmos speakers with upward firing modules from Klipsch, 15" ported sub from PSA/SVS/RA. And a bunch of demo discs from Dolby as well as Atmos versions of my current movies, or perhaps DSU is going to be good enough!

Did I mention the free Denon receiver :)

Salacious Ackbar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
My Denon recently died and am in dire need of a replacement. Movies are just not as engrossing without a sound system. Would love to try out Atmos.

Aly

Auditioning
Real Name
Human Torch
My new home with an awesome basement has been the start of the ideal setup. Taking my time in stages, starting with painting phase now and planning layout of the room and what is needed. Meanwhile, the current setup is ideal for my enjoyment. When I go to my HT room, it's always a good escape and I get all happy.

Ed Howard

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed
My Idea I have a 105 in screen Sharp projector now I need to buy a great Reciever Home Theater unit and cannot beat Denon. with JBL speakers and

Ron Silvey

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron Silvey
I would love to have this as the centerpiece to my home theater setup. My current one is really old. I have never won anything so it would be a suprise. I have heard that Denon makes a really good receiver.

David_KW

Auditioning
I'm a Denon owner for 20+ years and would love to upgrade my aging AVR-5700. This receiver would be a great start to a full upgrade of my theater.

Thank you for the opportunity!

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Its pretty simple, 3D tv, Denon X5200W powering all 9 Paradigm speakers, and every single component i have all hooked into one Amplifier at long last :)

neptral

Auditioning
Real Name
phil
This would be the icing on the cake for my current home theater setup. I've got the big screen now I just need the big sound and the Denon would be the golden ticket.

KenC

Agent
Real Name
Ken
We first heard about sound coming from above over 10 years ago at Dolby. I have wanted it ever since.

Our theater is ready to add this last piece along with 4 speakers in the ceiling to make it perfect.

Thanks for the chance.

crkline2

Auditioning
Real Name
Cliff
My system is 13 years old, and while the Denon receiver I have has performed admirably, it would be great to upgrade. I would love to have a new system, centered around a new Denon.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I can't afford to win another receiver. ;) I have all the speaker bills I can take! So, if I have the misfortune of winning, I will cede the receiver to an unamed forum member that I have in mind. Very soon I will become Atmos-spheric as it is....

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
My ideal setup consists of a home theater with completely immersive and natural sound. Our receiver is definitely the next component that will need upgrading, so this would be a very helpful addition. Thank you for the chance to win it!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
An Atmos 9.2 set-up would be ideal to me. I now have a dedicated theater room so it could work nicely.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
My ideal setup? It would rival your average Home Theater commonly found in the Gagrakacka Mind Zones. I want the best sound balance to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles from the receiver, whilst the DVD player is located in a heavily insulated satellite which stays in orbit around our planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks