What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
To be truthful, it's not in my budget to upgrade my receiver right now. This receiver would be a wonderful upgrade to my current system. Love to win it.

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in need of a receiver upgrade and this Denon would be perfect to go along with my new projector. It looks like an amazing piece of hardware.

avourneen

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel
Where to start? With a receiver of this quality my options are so many. I think my ideal setup would start with a new UHD screen, at least 70 inches and up to 80. Coupled with a second sub and overhead speakers, then move on to equipping the viewing room with stadium seating and wall treatments.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I am still looking forward to adding Dolby Atmos into my home in time for 50 next year!!!! I would then proceed to upgrade my core seven-speaker unit to BIC Acoustech PL-89II and then add as many new speakers as I could handle for a proper Dolby Atmos setup here in my home. Between my HDTV monitor and the rest of my HT components...I am otherwise set--and would be for Dolby Atmos ACTION!!! :) :cool:

benH

Auditioning
my ideal setup would be using this if I won it. gives me a good reason to get some nice speakers. my soundbar sucks! good luck to ALL but most importantly, good luck to me!

Mark Fontana

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
My new home has a decent front projection home theater area, but I've fallen behind the curve on equipment, still running a JVC RS2 and 15-year-old Sony 777ES receiver, which still sounds great for stereo and 5.1 but is only useful for audio these days. (For video switching, it supports only S-video and composite!) Would love to leap ahead to state-of-the-art sound and HDMI switching and could definitely make Atmos work in my setup.

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I have the speakers and a semi-decent budget receiver, having this would just be some very nice icing on the cake!

The kids really enjoy having our modest home theater setup, I've found it keeps their attention more than watching a movie on the TV speakers.

My ideal setup is whatever I can throw together to get our family in the same room together enjoying being together.

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
My ideal Atmos setup would include this receiver and some new Atmos speakers. Wouldn't mind getting a new TV too, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Joe*J

Auditioning
I heard an Atmos set up at Magnolia and was blown away by this technology. My ideal setup would be sitting in front of a 65" 4K TV with the lights out and this Denon receiver pushing a 9.2 speaker system. I'll have my whole collection of Blu-ray's ready to go and of course my 3 children by my side enjoying every minute of it!

StephenCB

Auditioning
Pretty easy for me. My ideal setup would be one starting with this awesome Denon receiver. Fully networked with my main home computer, AppleTv, PlayStation and XBox for apps and streaming content with sound distributed via in wall speakers in my connected living room / kitchen. I have simple needs but appreciate the best!

Jim McD

Auditioning
Real Name
James McDonald
My ideal Atmos home theater would be in a basement. Keeps the heating/cooling noise to a minimum. Surprisingly tough to find in the California desert, but I'm looking. If I win the receiver maybe I'll start digging.

Paul Winans

Auditioning
It's impossible to write a couple (two) sentences for a ideal setup when you have to detail an eleven speaker configuration. Lets just say if I win the setup is an endless array of configurations of every home theaters dream. :wub:

David Flora

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, I have a 9.1 setup currently, but I'd have to look to move my height channels in the ceiling above my head to really get into the action! I've been trying to save some money for a new receiver, but my "theater fund" always gets raided for something more important! But I think to myself, "Shouldn't Dolby Atmos be MORE important than new landscaping or fixing the washing machine?" I think so!

iBalisy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian Balisy
My Atmos dream theater setup would start with this little Denon receiver (only in dream land), and would be supported by some hand built speaker based on SEAS drivers in front, back, side, and top positions with my almost impossible to beat SVS subs. Of course this would only be possible if this Denon receiver came at a very low price tag... $0 to be specific. Ah well, the dream is the important thing--and who knows, I might opt for the overheads to build line arrays for extra crisp detail!

DBrowne25

Auditioning
Real Name
Dustin Browne
This receiver would be great for me because my current Yamaha is not cutting it for my Bowers and Wilkins setup. This Denon would allow me to take me experience to the next level for movies and video games with atmos. My movie night will never be the same, and Insurgent will be the icing on the cake.

Themom47

Auditioning
Real Name
Linda Lyman
As my sister and I are senior citizens that do not get out much, a system of this quality would greatly enhance our movie watching. Obviously, we are unable to afford this nice receiver. Thank you.

Scott.M

Auditioning
This would be the first piece of equipment for my basement HT setup to be finished before 2017 (I can only work on it on the weekends).

Dan_Sc

Auditioning
As a family we enjoy watching movies in the basement, especially 3D movies (at least while our kids are still young enough to want to watch a movie with their parents!!!). Problem is...my current Sony receiver always clips out during action scenes and then forces all of the 3D glasses in use to be re-synced, lose our place in the movie, etc. Having a REAL receiver and the ability to add additional speakers to make full use of this Unit would be a thrill for the kids and adults!

And the real world story as to why a Scrub like me could never purchase this receiver is due to the sacrifices my wife and I make to send all 3 kids to private school. Every extra penny of money goes to them. We have nothing for normal things like trips, etc. We mostly stay at home to save $$$. So this piece would be great and get plenty of use.

Thanks for the opportunity to get a shot at such a great unit !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks