What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckychuck7

Auditioning
Real Name
Charlie Chang
Well, currently I have an AVR that is 3 years old and does not support Atmos. It would be nice to one that does so and have 2 to 4 speakers near or in ceiling to take advantage of the object based sound system.

Doug Brewster

Second Unit
Ideal home theater:

Denon X5200W,
Kef R series R900's in front,
R300's as the sats,
with R50 Dolby Atmos Modules atop the lot,
an R600c for the center,
and two R 400b subs pumping out the thing home theater does better and cleaner than anyone.
All this would be fine-tuned with Audyssey Platinum.
The sources would include Oppo's BDP-105D,
and, just because I might want to hear ancient recordings like Abbey Road in it's primitive glory, or have the option to record it digitally, Music Hall’s USB-1.
Much of this would be controlled through my 11" Macbook,
and everything else in the house would run via Insteon to the Mac.

Ideal is another word for, "Ain't Gonna Happen;" also known as AGH, as in "AGH! Shoot!!!!!!" which is a nicer version of...something else.

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
I'm currently at 7.1. I'd love to expand with a couple more ceiling speakers and this great receiver. Of course, my ideal setup would involve a completely revamped room as I currently don't have the space for front projection. But, I'll make do.

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
I have an empty room upstairs just begging to be turned into a dedicated HT room. Years back I had a home theater room but ran into hard times, had to sell off everything. I haven't been able to get back into the hobby since then. All I do now, is dream shop online and in the stores. If I won this contest, It could be the spark I need to help get things underway and start on that room upstairs. This dolby atmos receiver would be a fantastic start to getting it going. Please consider!!

zachary

Auditioning
the Denon X5200w paired with Atlantic Technology 8200 would be the dream theater. And another SVS for the overkill factor. So Sweet!

freddyhernandez

Auditioning
My ideal Atmos setup would be a 9.2.2 speaker setup. Starting with the Denon X5200W 9.2 Channel Dolby Atmos AVR, the Oppo BDP-105D Blu-ray Player, Verizon FiOS Quantum DVR, all connected to the LG 77EG9900 77” OLED 4K UHD Television. Still working out the speakers. Not sure where to go with those yet.

Tarry

Auditioning
This sounds like the perfect receiver to update my entire 10 year old system around and winning the receiver would be the perfect way to start the process.

Jonathan Liu

Auditioning
My ideal Atmost setup? 7.4.4. Why? Because, why not?! My Towers (literally, at 6’8” and 300lbs) do a phenomenal job at reproducing everything down to 20Hz, even usable frequencies at 17-18Hz, but I’d eventually like to have 4 subs just dedicated to doing everything under 30Hz. Also, everything I’ve read point to 7 standard channels with 4 overhead is the only way to really experience Dolby Atmos. Winning this would get me one (big) step closer to having that ideal setup!

royalsua

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Currently in a standard 7.2 setup with a very similar rig to the Denon. There's only one way to tell if Atmos provides the promise, and that is to experience in my own listening room. Thanks HTR for this op, and glta.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
My ideal set-up will be the room I'm hoping to build in my basement with a projector. this reciever will be a fine center piece to use with the totems I already own.

servant386

Grip
Real Name
steve
The Denon with 9.2 is a radical change rom my 5.2 but I am sure I could live with that change .......Oh Yeah!!!

RickLWright

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick
My old workhorse of a receiver just died and I am forced to listen to movies,*gasp*, in 2 channel Stereo! Please help an old audiophile hear his favorite movies the way GOD intended, in 9.2 channel DOLBY ATMOS!

Dave-Z

Agent
Have been a Denon user for some time, always appreciated. Have some speakers that are just itching to have at a new system, and would enjoy taking the new receiver for a spin and whistle up some outloud notes in my home.

Toadster

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd Christ
I love DENON and the latest setup would probably rock with my JBL Studio series surround :) if not, I'll have to spring for a new speaker setup :)

Brack777

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
My ideal Atmos setup would include my Klipsch speakers as well as my Samsung 75" tv. That plus a blu-ray copy of Insurgent, with some popcorn and my family and it would be about as close to the perfect setup as I could hope for. Oh, and of course that would only work with an Atmos Denon X4200W Receiver. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks