What's new

Win a Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AVR with a copy of Insurgent on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
My ideal set with which to enjoy Atmos soundtracks would be, first, located in a dedicated home theater room so my wife doesn't mind the "extra" speakers! I'm getting by with my old Outlaw 1050 and 5.1 for now so this would certainly be a welcome upgrade (and an excuse to set up that dedicated room!). Thanks!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I don't have a clue regarding how to set up Atmos or any options in doing so, so that would be the fun of a new Atmos receiver - just playing around. In addition, I've also never owned a Denon and wanted to see how they stack up, so that would be a bonus.

Dave Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
This would take some learning, preparation, and work, but I love art, and strive for the best reproduction possible. I see this Denon as an evolution in that process. Thanks for the opportunity.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
It would be great to replace my Denon 3312 with this beast. I have a dedicated media room, so adding ceiling speakers would not be a big issue. I could then replace my Denon 3802 upstairs with the 3312 to take advantage of Audyssey in the living room. Win/win all the way around. Thank you for doing this contest.

tns49

Agent
Real Name
Timothy
Long time fan of Denon.

So time to add 2 rear speakers and 2 Atmos or 2 overhead speakers to my current 5.1 Martin Logan speaker configuration. The Denon X5200w of course. A nice OLED UHD TV for the screen, and a Ultra HD Blu-ray player for source material.

CraigPitt

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig S. O'Connor
I have recently experienced an Atmos receiver and have thought about it ever since. It will bring more life into the movies we watch. Can't wait to get one. Winning one would be even sweeter.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
ideal setup would have Dolby Atmos. I bought a new receiver a few years ago and it is too soon to splurge for Atmos. But I would love to make my friends envious when inviting them over for movie nite. currently have 7.1 setup. it is cool to see what movies are being released to Atmos and at least get that 7.1 boost on titles :)

hassler

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason Hassler
My ideal Atmos setup would be kicking back with my kids in the theater room watching one of the new Disney/Pixar movies and watching their faces as their favorite characters move and fly all around them like they are in the room with them! I already love watching their faces react watching these movies as it is.

gfdyna

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
Nothing enhances living pleasure quite like a room full of engulfing sound vibrations from music and movies that penetrate the very soul. And nothing could maximize that experience quite like adding the Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver and a couple of quality ceiling speakers to my current 10 speaker Flipsch system.

TommyGun

Auditioning
Real Name
Tommy
My ideal setup with that would be the full 9.2 experience with overhead speakers. They would be wireless of course. Probably klipsch speakers.

Considering I have a family room I would love at least to be able to get Atmos in a 5.1.2 set up. This would make an excellent gift and good luck to all!!!!

Hetal_Patel

Auditioning
My ideal setup would include upgrading my aging Denon AVR-2807 5.1 system to the Denon X5200W 9.2 Dolby Atmos system. The look on my children's faces when the rear speakers output during movies is priceless. Can't imagine the perplexing looks with 4 more speakers, or possibly it will become so immersive and real that they will "live" the movies.

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
My ideal Atmos home theater setup would be this one right here: the Denon X5200W 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver.

My ideal setup would probably involve adding some in ceiling speakers, and some rear speakers to my current 5.1 system to experience Atmos soundtracks, and probably using the additional HDMI output from the receiver to set up a projector in the area under the stairs behind my couch and having a pull down screen for the serious movie watching.

I'd also be able to move my current receiver to the utility room where it'd hook up to the in ceiling speakers and speaker terminals that are currently being installed in my mid renovation house, I'd probably run some sort of connection from the new receiver to the old one for some really sweet whole house sound!

KyleA

Auditioning
This would be an awesome upgrade. Let's see... perfect setup... this receiver, better projector, better and more speakers, better Blu-ray player, better everything. Anyway... the receiver would be a great first step!

Mussv

Auditioning
Real Name
John
The Denon would be a great reciever upgrade, and Atmos would only enhance the existing 7.2 setup I have. Plus, I might be able to justify a sub upgrade if this sweet device entered the house. Thanks!

Captain Spaulding

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Insurgent would sound excellent on that very cool Denon X5200W along with a complete set of Pioneer Elite Dolby Atmos enabled speakers. Of course, for video, a groovy Epson projector and a yet-to-be-released 4K Blu-ray player would more than suffice!

Casablanca Book

Auditioning
Real Name
Curt Gooch
After hearing Atmos on the big screen several times, I cannot emphasize enough how important the overhead speakers are to fully-immersive sound, this is a game changer.

My ideal setup includes everything I currently have along with the addition of height speakers and this receiver.

Curt

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
My ideal setup would be right in my rack replacing my old 5.1 system, a Sony that consistently goes into "protect mode." I play my music through my home theater as well, so my computer, turntable, cassette deck and 8-track player would be hooked in. I love watching Netflix and I can't wait to hear how that would sound!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks