What's new

will UPS deliver on Monday?? (MLK Day) (1 Viewer)

Benny G

Second Unit
Does anybody know if UPS will deliver on Monday, being MLK Day?? Thanks for a response. :b

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
It looks like it. I ordered something from Amazon two days ago, it left the warehouse yesterday, and the UPS Tracking site says it's estimated shipping date is the 20th, which is MLK Day. Not all people have that day off, I guess. Perhaps it's compensation for not having regular Saturday delivery. :)
Okay, I've got a UPS question as well. This morning, when I checked the UPS website to track where my package was, it said "OUT FOR DELIVERY". It had already reached a city that's really close to where I am right now (probably 10, 20 miles at the most), so I got excited (it's the Far From Heaven soundtrack :)). Later this morning, I checked the site again, and the latest report was "DELIVERY", but it stayed in the same city. So what does "DELIVERY" really mean?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
"Out For Delivery" means its on a truck en route to your address and will be delivered that day. "Delivery" - I suppose means it was delivered and signed for? (Never saw that nomenclature from UPS before.).

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Are you sure? The city assigned to the "DELIVERY" status report was Hamilton, OH. I live in Oxford. I think it has to be "SHIPPED" until it gets to my place. Anyone know the difference between "DELIVERY" and "SHIPPED"?

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
UPS definitely delivers on MLK Monday. I just looked at a UPS calendar in a warehouse today, while someone asked.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Tracking site says it's estimated shipping date is the 20th, which is MLK Day.
I don't know if they will deliver on MLK day or not, but in my experience just because their tracking info says they will deliver on a cetain date, doesn't mean they will.

Last year I checked the delivery status of a package and it said it would deliver on a day that they did not have service for (another holiday). That is one of several reasons that I avoid UPS wherever possible.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I got my package yesterday! Turns out the city assigned to "DELIVERY" was supposed to be my town, Oxford, instead of Hamilton, which is 10 or 20 miles away. The reason I didn't know I got the package when I first saw that updated status (11:29am is the last time it updated, and the main status still said "IN TRANSIT") is because I live in a college dorm, and you can't go into the mailroom except for certain hours when an attendant is there. Mailroom hours were 3-4pm yesterday. I paid for 2nd Day Air, I got it in 1! :D Granted, it shipped from Lexington, KY, and that's only 120 miles from here...
I don't know if they will deliver on MLK day or not, but in my experience just because their tracking info says they will deliver on a cetain date, doesn't mean they will.
Their website doesn't list MLK day as one of their holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks