What's new

Why I do not redeem those free digital movies. (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
When you buy movies via iTunes, how do they get to your Apple TV? Are they stored in the cloud like VUDU purchases? Or do you have to download them to your computer and link the computer to your Apple TV?
You can also download them (at resolutions of up to 1080p) and stream to the Apple TV from your computer.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Cool, thanks. I guess my only other question is: If the movies are in the cloud, is it your iCloud storage, or are you connecting to Apple's own cloud (like VUDU)?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Cool, thanks. I guess my only other question is: If the movies are in the cloud, is it your iCloud storage, or are you connecting to Apple's own cloud (like VUDU)?

Not connected to your iCloud storage at all. You're streaming it from iTunes just like you do Vudu or Netflix.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
One of the most unheralded things you can do when you have digital copies vs. physical copies - bringing the Apple TV with you when you travel to hook up to hotel room TV's or students bringing theirs to college...
I do that with one of our Roku units when we spend time in our South Carolina condo — it’s much easier for me to disconnect the Roku from the TV in our basement than removing the Apple TV from my main home theater rack. An added benefit is that I can get all the NHL playoff games via the NBC Sports app, as we do not have those channels on the cable system in the condo complex.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had never thought to do that but given how many hotel rooms now offer WiFi, that’s a fantastic idea and one I’ll try to remember in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks