What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

General Discussion Free Movie Downloads Not Working (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Anyone else having this problem? I recently purchased the Blu ray of "The Batman" and the Blu ray of the latest "Fantastic Beast" when each became available. I went on the suggested website, put in the numbers and tried to get my free download. The Warners website accepted the number and said it would be sent to the Google Play website (I am Canadian). First Google wanted my e-mail and password. I took the suggestion my iPhone gave and put them in. Next they wanted a verification number. They sent this to my iPhone, and I put this in. A page then came up saying an error had been made and though they don't know why, I should try again later.

No amount of "trying again" was successful, and the Warner website now says both have been already redeemed. I contacted Warners and Google. Both blame the other. Two weeks ago, Google, on my insistence, said their technician will look into it. So far NADA.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Keep pressing on Warner and be persistent. You will eventually find an agent willing to assist you.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
My guess is you're trying to redeem a US code in Canada.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
My guess is you're trying to redeem a US code in Canada.
Incorrect. It accepted the codes immediately, but did not transfer to Google play. It now tells me the codes are already redeemed. When trying to redeem a US code it tells me I am in the incorrect region. These movies were purchased at a local Walmart.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I Guess Google techs jiggled something with their left elbows, because they told me they fixed the problem, and when I tried again, I got both movies!! Wahoo!
(Actually I don’t know why I care so much because I never watch these downloads!)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Google Play actually lets you download the movies? Are the files encrypted in any way?

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Movies in Canada are downloaded onto an app called “Google Play”. I think the US has one called “Any Movies” or something like that. We don’t have that here.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Movies in Canada are downloaded onto an app called “Google Play”. I think the US has one called “Any Movies” or something like that. We don’t have that here.

US has Google Play as well though not sure it functions exactly the same as in Canada. Like Vudu, Itunes, Microsoft, and Amazon they are all linked into MoviesAnywhere. Most movies bought or redeemed on any of those service cross connect to all those entities (Movies, not TV for some reason).

TV and a few studios don't participate in MA (assume code for paying a fee to MA) so those items are locked only to the service you redeem initially. Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM I think are still the holdouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSC
Recent bookmarks