Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Todd Erwin submitted a new blog post

White Sands Blu-ray Review
WhiteSands_feat-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I saw this on vhs back in the early 1990s. I only vaguely remember it, but I remember that like you I felt that the story didn't really work. Thanks for the detailed review, but your rating of 2/5 makes me think I should think twice before revisiting.

From the review:

"White Sands is a rather absurd thriller, with so many implausible red herrings and coincidences to be very entertaining or even, dare I say, thrilling. That is a bit of a surprise, considering it was directed by Roger Donaldson (No Way Out) and written by Daniel Pyne (Doc Hollywood and several episodes of Miami Vice). The performances are superb, not only the leads Willem Dafoe, Mickey Rourke, and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, but also supporting players Samuel L. Jackson (who looks similar to the way he does in Captain Marvel), M. Emmet Walsh as the possibly crooked coroner, and James Rebhorn as an FBI Internal Affairs agent."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks