What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Today, Cujo. While dogs may be considered Man’s Best Friend, they have also been the subject of horror and thriller films that depict what happens when dogs turn on us. Some of the more notable films of this ilk include The Pack (1977), Zoltan… Hound of Dracula (1978), Man’s Best Friend (1993) and Samuel Fuller’s controversial drama – and cinematic commentary on the nature of racism – White Dog (1982). However, the most iconic example of Man’s Best Friend gone awry may just be Stephen King’s Cujo, first chilling the blood of readers before getting a film adaptation. Originally released theatrically by Warner Bros., Kino has licensed the film from Paramount – the current rights holder – for its UHD Blu-ray debut.

Cujo (1983)

Released: 12 Aug 1983
Rated: R
Runtime: 93 min

Director: Lewis Teague
Genre: Horror, Thriller

Cast: Dee Wallace, Daniel Hugh...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review. I have this Kino 4K/UHD release in my disc collection. However, to my surprise the iTunes HD digital I purchased almost six years ago for $4.99 recently upgraded to 4K/ Dolby Vision. Thanks to Paramount.

KMR

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin
I have not seen this film since its theatrical release, but would love to revisit it. Very fine film. Although the ending varies drastically from the book (I'm giving no details, to avoid spoilers) it absolutely works for telling this story as a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks