What's new

White House Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
There was a documentary not too long ago about the projectionist in the White House theater, or something to do with it, I never saw it, but I'm sure there was footage of the theater in the docu.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
OT: I remember WAY back when Rosie O'donnell was "FUNNY" ;) - She did a comedy act where she talked about being at the drive through window at McDonald's and a fan was like "What the hell are you doing at McDonald's?". Rosie commented on how funny it was that people don't realize that stars are just ordinary people. She was like "what did she expect? that I eat caviar every night?"

If anything, at least we know the president isn't spending the tax payers money on unnecessary A/V equipment for his dining room :D:emoji_thumbsup:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
He wanted a bigger set, but Laura said, "You are not putting that monstrosity in our dining room. And you can just forget about those ugly speakers."

:)

Regards,

Joe

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor

thats what I'm thinking. But maybe have at least one plasma on a rolling cart they can move around would help though :)

Kevin T

Screenwriter

nope. no hot chicks room. and the bucket of truth is missing as well. somehow, i don't think they're searching for it either.

kevin t

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It was a typo, but I'll leave it there for the amusement of all.

I am guessing that the White House theater has one of them new fangled Advent TVs with the red, blue, and green projectors with an RCA CED player and Pong.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
[c]

(Photo of the Presidential Theater taken shortly after it was built in 1950)

(Presidential Theater aka White House Family Theater in January 2004)

(White House Family Theater in January 2005 after being redecorated in classic red)[/c]

It would be interesting to know what equipment they use.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Hmmm, strikes me that the fictional HT room in "The West Wing" is better than the real thing. From what I can see (which may be wrong, though) all seats are at the same level, whereas IIRC in the TV version they are "stepped" (i.e. each row of seats behind is on a higher raised level than that in front).

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
In the middle photo you can see the steps between each row of seats.The lighting isn't the best to show that off, but they are still visible.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the angle of the photo (and the wide angle lens that was used) is making it look flatter than it probably is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks