Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
You'd think they would have reached out the those in the industry prior to this release? Garnering the steps and data required to make this release? Arrow should have attempted to walk them through the process?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Acqusition and theatrical distribution are VERY different beasts from the home video market. There's a reason why the studios have divisions that handle this part.
They seem to have released The Maze?? Any issues with that reales ? Or am I misreading this...

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

To one on the outside looking in, there is an element of above gif being expressed in this thread. Perhaps treating them with some understanding would change their handling of the situation, which I imagine is more frustrating and embarassing to them than to any of those sitting at home waiting.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
They seem to have released The Maze?? Any issues with that reales ? Or am I misreading this...
The Maze is their blog, NOT the 3D film of the same name directed by IVM's director, William Cameron Menzies.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

To one on the outside looking in, there is an element of above gif being expressed in this thread. Perhaps treating them with some understanding would change their handling of the situation, which I imagine is more frustrating and embarassing to them than to any of those sitting at home waiting.
I think that practically everyone in this thread has been more than charitable and understanding about the situation. Ignite, however, could have easily nipped most of the unhappiness in the bud by simply keeping their customers informed in a timely manner. With weeks going by and no word forthcoming from the company about the delay, speculation naturally arose. It's Ignite's own fault, and I hope they've learned a thing or two along the way.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
As a producer of books, sometimes beset by unpredictable setbacks (and faced with the terror--at least early in my publishing career--of how to communicate with thousands of unhappy customers pounding on the table yelling "where's my food!"), I can see the position they're in and I sympathize. Particularly since it's their first product. People are extremely impatient these days since amazon delivers things the next day.
I am happy to have paid for my DVD, and will wait for them to fulfill my order.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

The lack of communication to their customers lies squarely on their shoulders of responsibility. Just about all of us have dealt with release date delays beforehand so that's not the real issue here.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Exactly, Robert. Some of us having gotten any status update emails from them at all (though I appreciate the forum members who did share news of their letters) and some of us have gotten absolutely no response when sending polite inquiries asking for an update.

I don’t mind delays but I do mind being ghosted. I’ve been scammed before and this is how it always begins.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The lack of communication to their customers lies squarely on their shoulders of responsibility. Just about all of us have dealt with release date delays beforehand so that's not the real issue here.
Really as mentioned often here, it's more about the lack of communication on the part of Ignite Films, than the ongoing series of delays. They seem to be "Igniting" solvable issues, if they had gotten in front of them early.
They pumped up the ferver and hopes of thier new customer base, and then all we heard was crickets? Naturally, there would be a reasonable backlash...it is not that far flung from the Sept 25th original drop date, so...I always try to see the good in people, they're learning and perhapes the next release will go moer smooth;y and their CS and PR will connect with each other and build a better time frame to their releases.

Comedy What GIF by Karsten Torebjer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks