What's new

Which Surround types will work for me? Klipsch required. (1 Viewer)

Brian.Huep

Agent
Hello, I am in the process of upgrading and the last peices are the rears. I want to stay with Klipsch as I have Quartets and an Academy up front.

The choices for dipoles look like the rs3II, rs25, rs35, rs7, or the best buy models ss.5 ss1.

I rears will be mounted on the sides about 3-4 feet above the listners. There is a velvet curtain that will be hanging right behind us as well. The rears will be backed up to the curtain. Is this OK?

Or should I go with some smaller Klipsch bookshelf speakers for rears?

I know optimum would be 2 quartets or 2 academys, but I don't have the room, nor the recources for 2 academys.

Would I benifit from building my own from academy woofers?

Thanks guys,
Brian

JoshuaT

Stunt Coordinator
I've been impressed with the output levels of the SS1's, but they take up a bit of room... what size is your room, where would they be mounted, how much power are they getting?

~josh

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
The SS-1's aren't bad they are a little big but nothing I wouldn't consider average... As for power, all Klipsch speakers are driven very easily so I think all it would take are a few tweaks to get them to blend right in..

Of course the Reference series are even nicer. The RS-35's would be awesome... just take a listen to them!

CurtisC

Second Unit
I agree with Nicholis,check at the Klipsch site.I have the rs7's with,rc,rf7's,the rs7's are great.The rs3's are also very good for the price.Maybe some of the Klipsch crew has used them or others with the Academy.

Brian.Huep

Agent
Interesting. I do not hear my rears much, never seems like much sound comes from them. Maybe it's just that they are like 8 year old small pioneer monopole rears.

Size isnt a huge issue, most all surround speakers I have looked at are an OK size. I just can't mount quartets in the back or anything.

I might go with either the rs3 II's, or the rs-25/rs-35

I use an older Harman Kardon avr55 55 watts per channel Dolby Digital. It has plenty of volume with the quartets, but with rears the db ratings are lower. I think I should be ok with anything over 90db's though. Most the nicer Klipsch ones are around 93-96 anyhow.

Anyone recommend one over the other?
RS3 II
RS-25
RS-35

What is the RS3 II even? Seems like an outcast.

Thanks again guys,
Brian

ScottCarr

Second Unit
I had the opportunity to demo the RS3 and TS7 in my HT side by side. In short the RS7s delivered superior sound and move of it.
The RS7s project more detail than the RS3. this isnot to say the RS3 are bad I am saying the RS7s are that much better and well would the extra price.
I watched the Pod race scene and with the RS7s it was like watching a completely difeferent scene. There was more sound and detail through out with the RS7s

RS7s all the way. They sound great with any fronts and center.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks