What's new

Which Show has Jumped the Shark? (1 Viewer)

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
No offense D. Scott, but Robert was Evil's first name too. I guess my reference to Evil and this thread was a moot point to some, but I honestly thought the term was related to him and the ultimate end of his career.

Barry Woodward

Second Unit
Buffy had a talking shark with a suit who used kittens as currency in the episode Tabula Rasa from season six. However, Buffy did not jump that shark.

Blu

Screenwriter
Survivor, around season 1 jumped a Jaws style shark!
You can pretty much say that about the whole reality genre as well.
I'm so sick of these style of shows.

Runner up: Sopranos has gone down hill

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
No offense D. Scott, but Robert was Evil's first name too. I guess my reference to Evil and this thread was a moot point to some, but I honestly thought the term was related to him and the ultimate end of his career.
true, but who refers to him as robert? his mother:D

when i see robert/robbie i was thinking his son.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Basic rule - shows jump the shark when they have celebritys appear in the show, as themselves, in a context where they are really really unlikely to appear.

We're still only halfway through the second season of Boston Public here in NZ, but I hear over in the USA, they've just had an episode where Whitney Houston appears as herself. That kind of gimmick to me screams "Jump the Shark" more than anything else.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Basic rule - shows jump the shark when they have celebritys appear in the show, as themselves, in a context where they are really really unlikely to appear.
How many times did that happen during the run of "Alice"? Musical celebrity visits Mel's diner and sings a duet with Linda Lavin.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
How many times did that happen during the run of "Alice"? Musical celebrity visits Mel's diner and sings a duet with Linda Lavin.
I don't know "Alice". Never seen it. Never heard of it.

The other show I think of when I think of "Celebrity Guest Stars" is (and I realise this show was never actually any good) Sabrina The Teenage Witch. Every couple of weeks I see an advert for it, and they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have the latest hot-now-but-wait-ten-minutes-and-you'll-have-forgotten-them pop star. This is what happens when you let a show that was crap from the start run for eight seasons.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Six Feet Under.

I loved this show. Wrote titles in threads last year regarding it.. but the second season has wandered, and since the initial "bam" of having a marriage, kid, and other elements interjected it hasn't been able to come up with the consistent storylines of the first season and seems as though it was designed for a one season run.

Or maybe it's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks