What's new

Which looks better (1 Viewer)

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I think it would depend upon what it looked like when the lights were off and a movie was playing. I like the look of the red better, but if the red was really noticeable during a movie, I'd probably opt for the black.

Stew

Mike V

Stunt Coordinator
I think the black looks better. I just completed an update to my theater and this included changing the front from grey paint to black fabric. What a difference! The black helps to make everything up front dissapear so your simply focusing on the image of the movie. I found it also does a better job of absorbing reflected light than the grey did, which makes for a darker theater while watching.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I would even make the platform in from of the screen (that is natural wood now) black. If you leave it natural wood you will get a lot of reflection back off it with the rest of the area black.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Hi Neil
Where did you get the set up to organize your DVDs
I really like the way it is done
Go here http://www.dvdprofiler.com/dvdpro/index.html then go to the "downloads" area. From there, complete the registration then download dvd profiler v2.2.

Once you run the downloaded program, you can add all of your dvd's into the program. Then you upload them to the host. If you have trouble, start a thread in the software area and we'll help you out.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
How about a compromise. Make the area immediately around the screen black, and leave the speaker area the same. See how that suites you first, then if you want more go all the way.

But change or not, it's still sweet. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jared,

go with the black...

on a side note, how did you install the drop ceiling tiles around your soffit?

Thanks,
Steve

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry
I think you should go with the red.

Okay, not really. My cruel streak just loves the idea of convincing you to paint and repaint based on our comments. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks