What's new

Where to get Duvetyne in Calgary? (1 Viewer)

Darren Hunt

Agent
I picked up a similar product called Commando cloth from a place in Calgary called:
William F White Ltd
3015 58 Ave SE
(403) 279-8558
You will find them in the old Army Barracks just off of Crowchild.
When I first called them, I asked for Duvetyne and they said they had it. When I went to pick it up, the fellow gave me Commando cloth which from my understanding is very similar, just thicker (he said they were priced the same). Duvetyne is thinner, so if placed on a bright background, the background may show through. Command cloth on the other hand is thicker, and thus won't let any thing through it. This is what the guy said, and seeing as I havn't actually seen Duvetyne, it may or may not be true. In the end, the Commando cloth worked out fine for me.
Darren

Darren Hunt

Agent
Yes, it is sold by the yard and is about 50" wide (maybe a bit wider if memory serves me correctly).
I found my bill of purchase and I bought 3 yards at $15.00/yard.
If you go to the place, the main entrance is on the South Side. Parking is on the East side of the building.
Darren

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...I gave them a call, but their address has changed...they're at
4530 Quesnay Wood Dr. SW
I'll check them out today probably.
------------------
Max Leung

Darren Hunt

Agent
Your right Max, the address you got from them is correct. That is the one that is in the old Army Barracks. When I first replied to your message, I used the Yellow Pages for the address, which must have been out of date. The Quesnay Wood Dr. address is the same place I went to. My mistake.
Darren

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
That's ok! Your directions match the new address perfectly. :)
If you do a Google search for Commando cloth, you'll see a lot of references to Duvetyne...looks like they're the same, or at least used for the same purpose. Duvetyne is usually listed as the "lighter" of the two.
------------------
Max Leung

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks