What's new

Where's Obi (off topic) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Stay strong, Obi. A positive mental attitude always helps. Best wishes!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Been a few months and I was hoping I could encourage Robert to check in and let us know how he is doing.

Wishing you the best, sir!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Robert,
Wishing you a speedy and successful recovery. I have some very limited experience with heart transplants, as my cousin had to have one in 1985 owing to a congenital heart defect which caused his heart to swell to 3 times its normal size. The medical technology has advanced significantly since then, including improvements in anti-rejection medication. Being at the Mayo, we know you're in good hands. All the best.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Hey guys,

Yes, I'm still kicking. Physically, doing "ok", not great much of the time but not bad. My transplant team tells me I'm progressing at least as good, if not better than most. All I can say is I find myself coming to terms with a new "normal". though my doctors tell me to expect this for as much as a year.

Monthly heart biopsies are an area of encouragement as all have graded 1A/1R so far and that is as good as it gets. I have to tell you there is a palpable sense of emotional relief when the results come in, that following a couple of days of tension (results take 2 days after the procedure). Just FYI, the damage that comes from rejection cannot be reversed, only treated.

That is the "sword of damocles" that hangs over a transplant patient's head constantly and I have found is the greatest obstacle to emotional recovery, at least early on.

Lastly, thanks for asking, Ron, and all. Oddly, this gives me the ability to put in text what I have found very difficult to discuss with my loved ones. It helps.

Best to all.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Good to hear from you, Robert. That's a lot of stress to be under, but good to be alive. Stay well.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wow, Robert, you've really been through the ringer. I'm glad you're hanging in there, and wish you success on your road to recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks