What's new

where to find a power plug (1 Viewer)

Jeff Bayne

Agent
Hey guys, i need to make a power cord for a plate amp. I can obviously find a wall plug and wire, but i need the female plug that goes into the amp- its the shape like on your computer. Other that a Marinco from PE for $17, where can i get one?

Thanks,

jeff

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
I've thrown out about 5 in the last week along with their respective computer parts (monitors, power supplies, etc). I can probably dig up another one, but yeah...try a computer shop, ask for a dead power supply :)

Jeff Bayne

Agent
well, i'm looking for just the plug, that i can attach to my own wire. I need it longer than the normal length...

Thanks though,

jeff

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
I understand that. They can be removed from a computer power supply very easily. I could probably go pull one off something right now and mail it to you if you'd like.

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
ack! Sorry, my mistake. Must have missed the "female" part of your post :b Sorry for wasting your time.

Jeff Bayne

Agent
oh no, thanks for your time Matt.

Dave, thanks for the link, but i still didn't find a plain plug- just a molded plug with a cord attached.

jeff

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Just another quick idea. If you're finding that the prices are a bit steep for these products, you might just want to add an electrical outlet closer to where the subwoofer is going to be located. Since outlets, wire and boxes are more "commodity type" items, it might be cheaper in the long run. Plus, you won't have to deal with concealing an exceptionally long power cord from the plate amp.

Jeff Bayne

Agent
Wayne, thanks for the link- i think what i'll do is get the right angle plug, then a make my own nice looking extension cord. And yeah, i'll want 12/3 as well.

unless someone has the plug itself, i think we have a solution.

Thanks a ton!

jeff

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

I think you've found probably the best option - making your own custom cord and using the adapter at the link.

I was by Home Depot today and thought I'd check through the electrical aisle. They have plenty of plugs, but no C13 plugs. :frowning:

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i got 50 feet of 12/3 and made some extension cords, i tried a two different plug styles the medium and high grade that HD offered, the high end were really nice, vary easy to do and rock solid, but pretty pricey, the medium grade ones were decent but a little more difficult to make.

I am glad that i am now getting cleaner power from the walls, before i was going through a really weak walmart extension cord that i would guess at 18/3.

Also my room has that new wire smell to it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks