What's new

Where to buy RG6? (1 Viewer)

rob_l

Grip
I have a powered subwoofer that I need to run 25ft. I checked PartsExpress and a few other places, but they don't have exactly what I want. Any suggestions?

I need:
25ft WHITE RG6
If terminated, then also gold plugs, and gold F female to RCA male adapter

If not terminated, then just gold RCA fitting.

I know parts express has these (091-1060), but I'd like to get it from the same place to save on shipping, and PE doesn't carry the white 25 footers.

Thanks!

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
IS this for sub or for video? You could have a custom builder do it for you, I do some custom work on the side, and off the top of my head you're looking at $15-20 to have something like that built from top quality broadcast supplies.

-Vince

rob_l

Grip
Ok, I think I figured it out. Radio shack carries white RG6 cable. 278-1318

With 2 RCA connectors I'm good.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I did the exact same thing: 25 ft of white coax with "F-to-RCA-Male" adaptors. Ran about $13 including tax.

But.. the "F" connectors were fairly standard-grade. You might have to cut/terminate with gold-colored plugs if you really want to.

Note: Use pliers/wrench to tighten down the "F" connectors. The problem with stiff RG6 coax is that it creates a constant force that tends to loosen the connectors over months of time.

A nicer-looking solution would be to let Vince make you a custom cable for the $20. The cables he builds would be over-kill for a subwoofer, but you would be getting a really good cable that I think would lay flatter on the ground than outdoor-grade CATV coax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks