What's new

Newbie...Basic Connection Advice Needed! (1 Viewer)

Moots

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Just discovered this forum and think it will be a great asset...

I guess my question is really a two parter...

First, I'm about to make the jump out of the regular TV world and buy, most probably a 52' LCD. This involves changing the layout of my living room, therefore while I'm in minor construction mode, I'm trying to do things "right".

First part of that being changing out my lower grade Coax to RG6, which has led me to more question than answers...

Currently my house has four standard TV's, This is handled by my coax from my cable provider being split 4 ways (one to each TV) and then my living room TV being split again to handle TV, Cable Box, and TiVo.

My new scenario will actually be with 5 TV's, 4 standard plus the new HDTV.

Needless to say, I want the best possible picture on all of my TV's, but of course, my new HDTV is the priority.

Not sure if this affects anything but I think my current plan is to get a new TiVo with Cable Cards to eliminate my Cable Box on the HDTV.

How best to handle this as far as what to split where?

Second question is about Surround Sound which may be done initially or as a part two to this project. However, I'm framing in a new wall and would like to make sure I have all necessary wires run now. My HDTV will be on a piece of furniture so I could possibly place speaker there. However, should I wire for some ceiling mounted rear speakers? If so, what should I run?

If a receiver now helps my coax issue???? That is certainly an option...

Thanks,

Moots

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Forgot to mention above, however, obviously my set up would include a DVD player...Therefore, as I envision now I will have my HDTV, TiVo w/cable card or cards, and a DVD player...Assuming a Receiver either now or later depending what it brings to the equation.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks