What's new

where in the world is SBTB s5?! (1 Viewer)

Jason Dixon

Agent
Hey everyone. i'm not sure if i'm the only one who is still waiting for the final season of saved by the bell to be released. The last season they realeased was way back in april 04, and i still havn't heard any news of the final season being released soon. although the final season of sbtb had torie scott take the place of kelly and jessie for a few episodes, it was still a good season and i want it to be realeased. so if anyone anywhere has heard any information of this topic, i'm begging you to let me know. THANK YOU!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I forget where, but a few weeks back I remember hearing this was being planned for a summer '05 release.

In the meantime, Image will be releasing SBTB: The New Class S1 in January & S2 in March to tide you over until then.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
A couple of things, to get more replies it might help to put the full title of the show in the subject of the thread.

Also:

This is hardly a long time, just ask fans of the Jeffersons, All in the Family, or until recently the Simpsons.

Jason Dixon

Agent
casey, if they are fans of the show then they would know what sbtb stood for. and april 04- july 05, is longer then the simpsons ever took, the simpsons longest gap was a year, this is far more.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Jason
I would go to SBTBNow!

Erika the webmaster has been in contact with Lion's Gate about the releases. That site will answer all your Q's.

-Matt

Jason Dixon

Agent
Thank you, i just really enjoy the show and i have the college years also, so i wanted to make my collection complete. i'm not sure the new class is worth buying but i might change my mind in the future. thanks for all your help everyone!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well I'm excited that S5 has been announced, but I'm getting impatient, I've already cycled through S1-S4 and College Years. The episode I'm dying to see again is the earthquake/Mrs. Belding giving birth episode

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
In all honesty, I really enjoy "Saved By The Bell". I spent my teenage years watching the first-run broadcasts on Saturday morning. That said, I have not purchased any of the season sets yet, thanks to three small letters..........TBS. This station airs SBTB four times per day, and as a result, I've had absolutely no interest in owning the sets, since they could be seen between 7am to 8am, and 12pm to 1pm on a daily basis.

Mind you, now that season 5 has been announced. Not to mention the existing release of "The College Years" and the 2 upcoming "New Class" releases, I may just have to cave in and start collecting. Right now, my frame of mind is that eventually (God knows when) TBS will pull the plug on SBTB, and sometime down the road...far, far down the road, I'm going to be glad I own them. Even if it isn't right this second.

So, as of next month, I'll order the first set, and work my way up from there.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Andrew
Good thing you did wait. They are pretty cheap these days. Deepdiscountdvd has season 1-2 for around 20 bucks. How can anyone beat that? :D
-Matt

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Hector, but Saved By the Bell: The New Class - Season 1 was announced back in November, and Season 2 was announced in December for a March 8th release. Here, read up! There's mention of it in at least one HTF thread, just not this one.

I just wish we'd hear about S5 of the original!

Hector.B

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link David, it's good to know that there are bigger fans than myself. I usually get the weird looks when I mention my love for SBTB.:b

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
According to the fansite, yes. But we've yet to get an official announcement from the studio, and as we know any plans can change up until then. Heck, even after then! But it's much less likely to change once the announcement gets made (because, of course, they've locked down so many things about the production by that point that deciding on a date makes more sense).

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Dave's website just posted the announcement (July 19). However, I have a question about the description, where it mentions the gang's names. Didn't Kelly and Jessie leave the show in "Season 5" (season 4 by epguides.com) and Tori was the new main character? J & K appeared only in "Time Capsule" at the end, only because it was filmed before they left the show.
-

Wezzo

Second Unit
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Kelly and Jessie were there for a fair few episodes at the beginning of the season too.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
They were there for a bit before being replaced; I checked at TVTome before posting just to make sure I remembered right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks