What's new

Latest Tidbits From Warner Archives (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Gerald
Frank Soyke said:
Summing up questions they have answered in the past month or so.

1) Nothing new on Hawaiian Eye or 77. :(

2) Kildare 4 is still being remastered but not complete.

3) No ETA on Daktari 4 but remastering soon.

4) Lawman Season 1 is "well" into the process of remastering.

5) They continue to shy away from answering any questions about the next season of Falcon Crest. This is not a favorite of mine, but I am curious what is the deal with this show. It's been a long time since they released Season 3. Ditto for the last season of Alice.

6) Not questions or responses about the next season of Medical Center or a possible Chico release.

7) Spenser Seasons 2 and 3 will be released at some point this year.

What this means:

1) Obviously, nothing is coming soon on the detective shows. I was really hoping to see some movement this year. I think Its fair to assume that if Eye and 77 are not near, Surfside 6 and Bourbon Street are far in the distance, if on the radar at all. This is disappointing.

2) New volumes of Daktari and Kildare are still quite a few months away.

3) Lawman is a definite at this point. Only the time frame remains to be seen.

With many of the aforementioned being quite a few months (or years) away, that begs the question, what are they going to put out in the next 3 to 4 months. Here's my take:

1) Spenser Season 2

2) Although it wasn't commented upon, Medical Center Season 6 might be a possibility for March or April

3) People continue to bring up The Dakotas, The Alaskans, and Colt 45. Maybe one of these is coming in the next month or two.

4) Your best guess.

Summing up: Not a lot of great news here, save the confirmation of Lawman. Quite disappointing actually.

Actually they do plan on continuing with both Flo and Falcon Crest. Flo has sold really well and I remember that the said that at some point they planned on releasing the next season. While Falcon Crest hasn't sold as well, they also plan on continuing with the releases. The problem with the show is the fact that they take a really long time with the remastering. I asked them about it last year and they said that the idea was to start with the remastering sometime this year.

Neil Brock said:
Another show which was rumored to be coming out a few years ago that has gone very quiet is Please Don't Eat The Daisies. Would love to know what happened on that front.

A completely unfounded rumor though, as clearance issues stand in the way of a release.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I hope you are right about both ALICE and FALCON CREST. It just seems that they were going great-guns with the first four seasons of ALICE releasing a season every six months and after S4 in Oct 2013 there has been nothing. I really wish we see something soon. I check every Tuesday to see what's new on the WB site but it's been AGES since I've actually made a purchase from there.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Just to let you know, I asked them about some one season 60's shows, specifically Many Happy Returns and Cain's Hundred. Their response was some of these type of shows are coming but these 2 both have problems. One has major clearance issues (assuming that one is Cain based on what was said before) and the other hasn't been researched yet. Point being, not dead in the water, but don't expect these two any time soon.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for the information Frank! Could you ask them about the 1974 Clint Walker TV Show Kodiak?

THANKS!

ROBERT

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
MCCLOUD said:
Thanks for the information Frank! Could you ask them about the 1974 Clint Walker TV Show Kodiak?

THANKS!

ROBERT

Where do you get the assumption from that Warner owns this show? I know it was syndicated by Worldvision. I don't see any Warner connection.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Frank Soyke said:
Just to let you know, I asked them about some one season 60's shows, specifically Many Happy Returns and Cain's Hundred. Their response was some of these type of shows are coming but these 2 both have problems. One has major clearance issues (assuming that one is Cain based on what was said before) and the other hasn't been researched yet. Point being, not dead in the water, but don't expect these two any time soon.

Any word on Mr. Novak?

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I was under the assumption too that "Kodiak" was a CBS/Paramount property but the imdb listing says Warner produced it (unless someone put erroneous information there which certainly wouldn't be the first time!) Even if it were true that doesn't mean anything recalling how many QM shows produced "in association with Warner Brothers" did not stay under Warner control (The FBI being the only QM show Warner controlled outright).

I remember them saying a year ago that "Mr. Novak" had two episodes that required clearing from the whole run. They've certainly had time to work on those since.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Neil Brock said:
Where do you get the assumption from that Warner owns this show? I know it was syndicated by Worldvision. I don't see any Warner connection.
Hey Neil! The Internet Movie Database and Wikipedia both state that Warner Brothers Television owns the show. Like Jack said, they could be wrong! Perhaps someone here on the forum could find out if Warner Brothers does own Kodiak and if they have any plans to release it! I sure would like to see Kodiak released! I have never seen it but I like Clint Walker and have always wanted to watch it since I found out about the show! I hope Warner Brothers does own Kodiak because the Warner Archives is probably the only hope we have of ever seeing Kodiak! Thanks!

Take Care!

Robert

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I have at least one Kodiak that was recorded off of AFN. If I can find it, I'll dig it out and look at the credits to see who the producer was. According to Classic TV Archive, it just says Kodiak Productions. Clint Walker may own it himself.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Neil Brock said:
Any word on Mr. Novak?
Neil, I haven't asked them recently, but their last response on that question was music clearance problems were preventing a release. Now given the content of the show, that didn't make much sense to me, but I guess there was more music in it than I was aware.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Music means instrumental music and songs. Not all shows have a lot of songs but all shows have a lot of Instrumental music. Similar to what happened with the Fugitive it all has to be cleared.

Frank Soyke said:
Neil, I haven't asked them recently, but their last response on that question was music clearance problems were preventing a release. Now given the content of the show, that didn't make much sense to me, but I guess there was more music in it than I was aware.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I was just thinking that since Chico and the Man is still with WHV and WHV recently licensed Welcome Back Kotter to Shout I would say there could be a strong chance of that show being licensed to Shout.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The word on Chico was that the delay was due to music clearances and given the performances of guest stars (Jose Feliciano) it's not surprising for the delays there on a videotaped sitcom that can't be easily covered with editing (as WKRP fans know too well!).

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
Any news on the release of the remake of The Fugitive? Can this be asked next time?

The pilot / first episode was included with the Harrison Ford movie DVD as a bonus in the US and as a standalone DVD in Europe.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
As a Fugitive fan, I would buy it to replace my VHS copies but the show itself pretty much sucked and setting it in the present when finding people is a million times easier was just stupid. If they were going to remake it, it would have only made sense if they set it in the early 60s.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Here is the latest reply from Warner Archive concerning 77 Sunset Strip and while it is not the answer we all want to hear I think it is a very positive reply and also clarifies their determination to see this through and release the show. There was some speculation in these forums by some members that they had already given up and were not trying to release it because of the difficult clearance issues.

There are massive clearance issues precluding our ability to release complete seasons on DVD. We are trying to resolve them, but they are complicated. We are most certainly aware of the demand, and are not going to give up our quest to release this series on DVD. Thanks.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Randy Korstick said:
Here is the latest reply from Warner Archive concerning 77 Sunset Strip and while it is not the answer we all want to hear I think it is a very positive reply and also clarifies their determination to see this through and release the show. There was some speculation in these forums by some members that they had already given up and were not trying to release it because of the difficult clearance issues.
I'm certainly glad they're not giving up. Did they indicate why they pulled the episodes off their Warner Instant Archive streaming service or if they plan to put any back up?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
They didn't mention that but they did just put them back up for streaming but only the best of's and no Season 1 as before. Hawaiian Eye is still missing.

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Randy Korstick said:
They didn't mention that but they did just put them back up for streaming but only the best of's and no Season 1 as before. Hawaiian Eye is still missing.
Thanks. I hadn't check Warner Instant this week so I will check it out tonight.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
My curiosity/worry with them right now is due to the fact that it's almost mid march and they have released exactly one classic release so far this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks