What's new

Where are the poliece academy movies? (1 Viewer)

I am really hoping for a remstered part one of course,since the first transfer was quite bad (and pan and scam..ugh!),but i was also wondering why no other movies in the series have been a announced..anyone have any info?and is anyone else wishing they would be released?

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
I can´t say that I long for them.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
See my theater Cinemax!
http://cine-max.tripod.com/cinemax/index.html
The Cinemax Home Theater
If you dare visit this site!!

John C

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think the Police Academy movies have much of a chance of getting quality presentations. Since they were all likely filmed flat Warner will probably release them full frame just like the first one. It's a shame, really. I loved the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th ones. I think Zed and his gang nonchalantly ransacking a grocery store in part 2 was one of the funniest scenes ever filmed in a movie.

Yeah..i loved the second third ad fourth movies also..cant really say that about 5 or 6.I never did see the one where they were in russia (if i remember correctly.)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
The police academy movies are not currently available. Satan has them on loan for torturing condemned souls. Hope he manages to keep the rights long enough for Steve Guttenberg to get his shot at the Police Academy torment room
wink.gif

------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna have to say "boo" to the critics on this one.
I'd pay for a good box set of the Police Academy films. Perhaps they could be set up as double-feature discs: PA on it's own disc, then PA2/PA3 on the next disc, PA4/PA5 could share the 3rd disc, and PA6/PA7 could share the last disc.
Put the 4 discs in a box set and ya' got a deal! For me anyway.
For others, sell the discs individually so folks can skip the last pair of entries if they wish to.
I'm not interested in supplements for this series, just the films themselves. In my shlockier moments, I find them utterly hilarious. I'd like to pick up the series for about the $70-$80-ish range.
Just remember, Warner: NO OAR = NO SALE. Always.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
[Edited last by David Lambert on October 28, 2001 at 04:47 AM]

Han

Second Unit
We live in a society of laws. Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well I didn't hear anybody laughin', did you!?!
-Homer Simpson
Having said that, I prefer the 4th where they had all those skateboarders. Back in the day when I was a skater, I was like, "Cool! Skaters in a movie!" Uh anyway...

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
One of those skateboarders was none other than David Spade.
I'm sorry guys, but I love Police Academy 4. Proctor and Captain Harris were one of the funniest, most memorable duos of the 80's.
"Don't you ever touch my balls!"
lol. Sorry. That whole movie cracks me up. :)

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
I think Police Academy 4 is the BEST of the sequels. It has David Spade and Sharon Stone. Two of the best scenes are when they are in the gym and Jones starts doing the sound of a boombox (POOUMP POUMP!!). Also when Tackleberry and Hightower teach the new recruits, that think they are ready to be on the streets, a lesson. The whole black magic (yama, yama, yama, yaaaa maaa!!) scene is a classic :b

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't bought it, so I cannot confirm the details, but according to the sleeve Warner's UK PAL R2 edition of the first movie is widescreen.
Of course, this would not be the first time that Warners has released a movie as 4:3 in the USA and widescreen in the UK. For example, Space Jam was anamorphic widescreen over here (despite the mislabelling on the back cover).

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Plus, the Police Academy series is no worse (and in my opinion, is leaps and bounds better) than the really lame comedies of today (Joe Dirt, Freddie Got Fingered, Tomcats).

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
But see, there's someone who wants one or the other till they all need to be released. Myself, I want #7 for more of the ultra-dishy Claire Forlani, pre-Mallrats. :)
------------------
"This movie has warped my fragile little mind."

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
TNT is showing Police Academy movies tonight, and they have had all the deleted scenes added back in.

Some of them being pretty funny.

So there should be NO PROBLEM to have these on the potential DVD's.

Maybe as a supplement or as a dir cut.

Here'sa line from Part 3 I like.

"Naked man, yes sir. I'll jump right on top of him!"

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I'd settle for the first four, but if given the chance, I'd purchase them all.

Come on, Warner... Yama-yama-yama-yama-YAMA!

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
This may seem funny to you, but PC4 was the first one I saw (in a cinema even) and I got scared from the voodoo scene...
I'd like to see these though. Complete in a box set so I can tell everybody that wonders I really only liked the first ones but had to get them all because they are boxed... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks