What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (6 Viewers)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I recently raided Amazon Marketplace and Ebay, and collectively scored all four 2-disc out-of-print 'Legacy Collection' volumes of Walt Disney's True-Life Adventures for fairly reasonable prices ($45 for Vol. 1, $22 for Vol. 2, $16 for Vol. 3, $28 for Vol. 4). Not bad at all, considering many sellers regularly price them at $75-to-$100+ a pop.

While they weren't originally made for TV, many got reformatted for network TV broadcast, and the discs also have a few Disneyland episodes (some edited due to redundancy, some not) as bonus features, so I guess they technically qualify for inclusion here.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I recently raided Amazon Marketplace and Ebay, and collectively scored all four 2-disc out-of-print 'Legacy Collection' volumes of Walt Disney's True-Life Adventures for fairly reasonable prices ($45 for Vol. 1, $22 for Vol. 2, $16 for Vol. 3, $28 for Vol. 4). Not bad at all, considering many sellers regularly price them at $75-to-$100+ a pop.

While they weren't originally made for TV, many got reformatted for network TV broadcast, and the discs also have a few Disneyland episodes (some edited due to redundancy, some not) as bonus features, so I guess they technically qualify for inclusion here.

Good grabs, Peter! I would have liked to have gotten some of these sets back when they were first released. I have a feeling some - perhaps all, eventually - of these Disney Nature films will show up on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service. I certainly hope so, anyway...along with stuff like Zorro, The Mickey Mouse Club (classic) and the like.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Good grabs, Peter! I would have liked to have gotten some of these sets back when they were first released. I have a feeling some - perhaps all, eventually - of these Disney Nature films will show up on the upcoming Disney+ streaming service. I certainly hope so, anyway...along with stuff like Zorro, The Mickey Mouse Club (classic) and the like.

Many of them (True-Life Adventures) will. Someone here posted a Day One list of what will be on Disney+ :

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/posts/4784060/

--and The African Lion, The Jungle Cat, Seal Island, The Living Desert, Secrets of Life, Perri, etc are on there. However, I won't be subscribing to the service, as I already own hard copies of the worthwhile stuff they're offering. Doesn't look like they'll have Zorro, Mickey Mouse Club or Disneyland/Wonderful World of Color/Wonderful World of Disney (nor The Great Locomotive Chase, Third Man on the Mountain, Dr. Syn/Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, Nine Lives of Elfego Baca or Follow Me, Boys) though, or at least, not initially.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
No new TV on DVD purchases to report at the moment, but as I have a birthday coming up in a few weeks, I'm planning to treat myself to a nice, fat prezzie of shiny discs. Thinking it might be time to bite the bullet and order a pile of expensive Warner Archive sets to add to the collection. These are what I've got in my sites:

The Lieutenant, Vol. 2
Cheyenne, S2
Harry-O, S2
Hawkins: The Complete TV Movie Collection
Tarzan
, S1, Vol. 2
Hank
Spenser: For Hire
, S1

Definitely won't be picking up all of them, but some for sure.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Atlantis - S1V1

Doc Martin - Series 2 & 4. Picked up to test the waters. I've enjoyed every series in which I've seen Martin Clunes, have heard good things about this one, and an opportunity to pick up these 2 sets very cheap presented itself. I figure S2 is a good enough place to start for water testing. If I like it I'll pick up S1 $ S3 at least.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Doc Martin - Series 2 & 4. Picked up to test the waters. I've enjoyed every series in which I've seen Martin Clunes, have heard good things about this one, and an opportunity to pick up these 2 sets very cheap presented itself. I figure S2 is a good enough place to start for water testing. If I like it I'll pick up S1 $ S3 at least.

I think it'll pan out for you-- hope it does!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Tarzan - Season 1, Part 1
Tarzan - Season 1, Part 2

This is another series I remember watching on Friday nights with my Dad. Couldn't just buy a half season, (too OCD for that ). If it holds up for me, I'll be looking to pick up the final season somewhere down the road.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Matt Houston (VEI all-in-one of this 1982-85 ABC detective/action/adventure series w/Lee Horsley, Pamela Hensley, et al.)

I'll be getting that one at some point too, Ben, as I have fond memories of watching it back in the '80s. Will this be your first time watching the series, or were you a fan before?

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Ordered from Amazon UK:

MV5BYzczMTY2ZWItNmJlYy00NGVhLTgwMTMtZjhlMTNhYWI0YjI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTEwNzU0NzY@._V1_.jpg

10994343-9444081282207380.jpg

(Region Free 4:3 Version)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks