What's new

What's next for BCI? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Could it be any worse than Saturday Night Live,which everybody was saying won't be released in season sets because it's a "music license nightmare"?Can you elaborate on the rights issues for Network Stars?

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Nope. I really don't know what they are - that's just what I've heard. My guess would be it involves having consent from all the people that appeared.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
How about classic episodes of "The Dating Game" which feature celebrities. I know Farrah Fawcett and Tom Selleck appeared on the show before they were stars, but I'm more interested in minor celebrities like Kathy Garver and Maureen McCormick.

According to Wikipedia, the following appeared on the show:

Celebrities on the show

* Adam West - 1966
* Jeremy Clyde - 1966 (of Chad and Jeremy fame)
* Michael Richards - 1967
* Danny Bonaduce - 1972
* Kathryn Minner, "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" - 1966
* Kathy Garver - 1966;December 31, 1970 and January 1, 1971
* Sally Field & Robert Vaughn - 1966
* John Ritter - 1967
* Groucho Marx - 1967 (as a prank on his daughter Melinda, who was Bachelorette #1)
* Paul Lynde - 1968
* Richard Dawson - 1968
* Bill Bixby - 1968 (Bixby appeared on the show four times and was never selected)
* Deep Purple - 1968
* Steve Martin - 1968 & 1970
* McLean Stevenson - 1968
* Jackson Bostwick - 1968
* Joanna Cameron - Late 1960s
* Farrah Fawcett - 1969
* Iron Butterfly - 1969
* Karen Carpenter - July 1970
* Richard Carpenter - July 1970
* Ann B. Davis - 1970 & 1971
* Maureen McCormick - 1971 & 1973
* Barry Williams - 1972
* Michael Jackson - 1972
* Butch Patrick - 1972
* H.R. Pufnstuf - December 25, 1972
* Dick Clark - 1973
* Arnold Schwarzenegger on "The New" Dating Game - 1973
* Suzanne Somers on "The New" Dating Game - 1973
* Willie Aames - 1978
* Andy Kaufman - 1978
* Jimmie Walker - 1978
* Phil Hartman - 1979
* Paul Reubens (as Pee Wee Herman) - 1979
* Bob Saget - 1979 & 1980
* Jennifer Granholm, Current Governor of Michigan
* Murray Langston (as The Unknown Comic) - 1978

P.S. I also remember watching a hilarious episode with Gypsy Rose Lee, who is not listed.
UPDATE: Just remembered that Dick Sargent (Darrin #2 from Bewitched) was once one of the "eligible" bachelors! I taped it when it reran on the Game Show Network.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, does the family feud set include a little booklet with the episode listings , like the match game set did ???????????

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
On the front page of sitcoms online.com , ive just read a nice little dvd review for the all star family feud dvd set. I cant wait to get my set in the mail soon !

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait for FAMILY FEUD. I'll be naming it DVD of the week tomorrow on my blog.

And also have to say BATTLE OF THE NETWORK STARS would be a great title. I didn't get Trio at the time they reaired them, but the airing got a lot of press. There is a lot of interest in the series.

As for THE GONG SHOW, from what I've heard, even GSN has music license issues with it. It doesn't get shown all that much because of it. And TV airings are easier than DVD.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
David,I don't mean to harp on Battle Of The Network Stars but I was wondering if you could clear something up for me.It's been posted in various threads (a couple of the earlier Love Boat threads,for example) that you have to get guest stars' approval to release shows on DVD.I thought to myself "Gee.If that was the case,there'd be a lot less DVD on the market.That can't be true".Also,I've heard cases,and I'm sure you've heard them as well,where the stars of shows are asked about their show on DVD where the star replies "they didn't even know it was released on DVD.I read about just exactly this,around a year or so ago.One of the actresses on Charlie's Angels was asked about the DVDs and replied something like "She didn't know Charlie's Angels was on DVD and then again the studios don't share their plans with the cats of the shows".And she was one of the stars,not a guest star.So if you have to get guest stars' consent,why don't you have to get the main stars' consent?Just wondering.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
David,I don't mean to harp on Battle Of The Network Stars but I was wondering if you could clear something up for me.It's been posted in various threads (a couple of the earlier Love Boat threads,for example) that you have to get guest stars' approval to release shows on DVD.I thought to myself "Gee.If that was the case,there'd be a lot less DVD on the market.That can't be true".Also,I've heard cases,and I'm sure you've heard them as well,where the stars of shows are asked about their show on DVD where the star replies "they didn't even know it was released on DVD.I read about just exactly this,around a year or so ago.One of the actresses on Charlie's Angels was asked about the DVDs and replied something like "She didn't know Charlie's Angels was on DVD and then again the studios don't share their plans with the cats of the shows".And she was one of the stars,not a guest star.So if you have to get guest stars' consent,why don't you have to get the main stars' consent?Just wondering.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

A lot of it depends on how the original contracts were laid out. It depends on when the show was made and sometimes it boils down to the legal department of whoever owns the show.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Great, did they get to finish their story or explain it in the extras?

If you are looking for more recent short lived series please try for Out of Practice.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Yes, they were able to finish. They got word they were being cut to 13 episodes early enough that they were able to compress and streamline the remaining episodes to still get to their same conclusion.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
David,
Why is Heroes and Villains 3 only 7:31 long on disc 2 of Family Feud?

- are the short segments for the big money at the end of the week?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I wonder if theyll let us know the exact episodes, before the release like they did with the feud set.So far, all they said are a few Cullen shows, and Barkers 5 last shows and debut.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It also claims that the first Bob Barker episode will be on there. That had a fur as a prize if I recall correctly. So this begs the question of Bob Barker's level of involvement with the set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks