What's new

What's next for BCI? (1 Viewer)

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Unfortunately, though, I think WB owns Logan's Run (and all other MGM TV that was previously owned by Turner), and as we all know, WB would rather not release a show than (gasp!) licence it to someone who would. That's why we haven't seen live-action Shazam yet. I'm sure if WB had been willing to licence shows out, BCI would've put out Shazam! already as a companion piece to Isis.

I would imagine that Universal, Columbia, etc. stuff would be fair game for sub-licencing, though. How about Quark or Kenneth Johnson's Cliff Hangers!, anyone?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I thought there was a Logan's remake in development perhaps warner is waiting for that. If you are in a hurry the shows are available on Itunes and look pretty good.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

Well, I guess that leaves out Quark, but Cliff-Hangers is a Universal property. The Curse of Dracula segment from that show was quite popular at the time. At 11 one-hour installments, would be a quick, easy set. How about it, BCI?

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas

Ah, well at least you guys released it knowing that they wouldn't do great? Thats more than most companies would do I think, does that mean the extras are rather thin on these sets? Oh well.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

They definitely aren't a He-Man...

It is one thing that we have had to become more aware of. We can't just load everything - we have to become smarter about where we put our money when it comes to ancillary features.

If a title has a chance to be a strong seller, we'll put more on it. For example, the 2002 He-Man series is going to be our most impressive set ever. But if it's something that isn't going to do numbers, we can't put too much stuff on it to make it unprofitable.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
2008 is near, and still no announcement for the next wave of titles from BCI. I'm hoping for some really big news, or even some small news, or maybe even a hint...:)

David Levine

Supporting Actor

Putting the finishing touches on the first Volume of the 2002 He-Man right now.

Have a big studio TV on DVD release announcement coming as soon as the press release is finalized. I'm very excited about this one. It's a really cool and (very) recent show, and we were able to get the entire cast and crew involved in the features. March release.

Ultraman and Iron King are being followed by Super Robot: Red Baron and Silver Kaman.

All-Star Family Feud and Best of Price is Right are coming soon.

Tons of movie stuff I can't talk about yet because all details aren't finalized or press releases aren't ready - and I can't just blab everything...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I was gonna say...this is the one I'm most looking forward to. Salivating, actually. I can't wait to see what BCI's cooked up for us.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Who would be more likely to release The Man who Hated Laughter? BCI or Warner? It was a King Features Saturday morning special that had Popeye, the Little King, Blondie and Dagwood, Hi & Lois, Beetle Bailey, Steve Canyon, Mandrake the Magician, Flash Gordon, Phantom and more. I am looking forward to BCI's collection of comic strip based cartoons and would hope to see this special as well.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info David.
I'll pick up the 2002 He-Man set as soon as it's released. I have Ultraman, but the other Japanese robot/monster shows look cool, and I'll pick those up at some point. Keep up the great work:)

David Levine

Supporting Actor

I really like Super Robot: Red Baron a lot.

I've only seen the 1st episode so far, but it was just CRAZY and so much FUN. If the rest of the series is similar, it's going to be a trip. I enjoyed it more than any Ultraman episode I've ever seen. Think it's coming out in March.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Will episodes with the original Barker's Beauties models, Janice, Anitra, Dian, and Holly, be included? They were my favorites. After they left, I stopped watching the show.

The reason why I ask is that some of them have sued Bob Barker.

There was a recent book on the Price is Right, and some of the models barely got any mention or pictures. Not sure if Bob had anything to do with that?

Also, they used to air mistakes on TV blooper specials of the models with falling refrigerators and out of control cars that were pretty funny. Will they be on the set?

I would just like to know these things before I preorder the dvd because I don't want to order it and find out that the models aren't included.

David Levine

Supporting Actor
I'm actually not sure who all is or isn't on the set, as I've only seen a handful of the episodes.

I know we can't have episodes that feature furs, as Bob won't allow it.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Barker has apparently used his power to ban reruns with certain models from appearing on the Game Show Network. Not sure if that ban extends to home video though. This ban not only denies the models air time, it keeps them from getting residuals.

No offense to Barker fans, but everything I've ever read about him makes him sound like a not very nice person once the camera shuts off. I believe he's still facing some ligitation from former PIR staffers relating to various discrimination issues.

Thanks to David for all his posts in this thread. I hope this release does very well for you!

Steve

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I have problems with Barker due to the above reasons and his cruelty to pets campaign and the longterm planned genocide of the mutt. Regardless of this, I love the gameshow and will get the DVDs and part of me still likes him.

I always wondered something though, in the Showcase if both contestants are an equal amount away from their prize package but this is close enough for both of them to win both prizes, do both contestants win both prizes?

tjguitar85

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
cant say the new he man stuff interests me at all, but I'll probably pick up lone ranger/zorro!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks