What's new

What Pleases You? (1 Viewer)

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I forgot to mention that I helped wifey vacuum the pool today and she’s happy as a clam floating and tanning with the radio blaring 90s music so I could sneak off to La Torcia Brick Oven Pizza (new favorite pizzeria) for a pepperoni with extra cheese and a very large Yuengling beer or two.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
That I now have a copy of a book that the old Philadelphia Evening Bulletin newspaper published way back in 1929 called One Day. The reason I wanted this was because Dale Carnegie talked about it in How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Specifically, the Evening Bulletin of the City of Brotherly Love was facing many rumors and complaints that it didn't have much to read (a beef that I have had lately with many Gannett/UTN papers, including The Greenville News in my hometown), and there were far too many ads, as Carnegie relates. The Bulletin decided to prove that it had a lot more to read in it than people thought it did. So they did, and then some; they did it by excerpting all the reading material there was to offer on one particular day (news, sports, features, the works), Monday, June 4, 1928, from that evening's "Night Extra Edition," and putting it in a book (leaving out all the ads, of course). The book was aptly named One Day, and it was a hardcover book that had 307 pages worth of practically everything the Bulletin had to offer; the best part is that it sold for only a few cents way back in 1929, and apparently got the point across quite well to the readers of the Bulletin.

I purchased it secondhand from Amazon Marketplace, and it is very much worth it.

oneday.jpg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Philadelphia Bulletin folded in the early 80s- I think they always put at the top of the front page “Nearly everyone reads the Bulletin”. The final edition of the paper-
“Nearly everyone read the Bulletin”.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Starting my vacation today- at my favorite restaurant/bar (DeSha’s Maysville KY), having a nice salmon meal, my favorite Bourbon (Woodford Reserve Double Oaked), and a few Miller Lite tall drafts. All feels good right now. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertlangestudios
Recent bookmarks