What do you think?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Brown, Dec 25, 2002.

1. James Brown

James Brown Stunt Coordinator

Just got a PE 300-794 amp.. now what?

My objective not only is to feel and hear those low frequencies you all are raving about but also for the gratification of building a monster. My baby 100W powered 8" driver just doesnt deliver.

I was thinking of either a Traditional or Sonotube enclosed Shiva. Do any of you recomnd a driver from PE? With the amp I also received a free shipping coupon for my next purchase.

Im sure the sonotube would be more realistic given that I dont have much building experience and Im assuming that the design is a bit more forgiving towards imperfections.

What tools do I need to build either one?

My other concern is distance from my TV. Ive got an RPTV and wonder if I need to worry about keeping the sub a good distance from it.

I would appreciate any input.

2. James Brown

James Brown Stunt Coordinator

bump

3. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

You tend to get more responses with a better thread title, something with...information.
    Either a Shiva or the PE Dayton 12" DVC would work well in a Sonotube. Read through the "Sonotube links" at the top of the DIY page before posting other questions, they're all answered there.