What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to say that the Best Buy I went to price-matched without a hitch. Just took the CC ad with me to the register. The cashier didn't even flinch when he saw the way the $14.99 price was advertised in the ad. Also price-matched two of the Circuit City 2/$20 titles (Apollo 13 AE and Apocalypse Now!) for the RZ points. I also waited until the cashier had scanned the DVDs and made the price adjustments before handing him Tramp to scan, but the POS system didn't seem to have a problem giving me the toy for free with the reduced-price DVD.

Also bought NewsRadio S3 last night, but I didn't need to price match that.

Ernesto.Morin

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from BB and they price matched Lady and The Tramp to CC and gave me the free plush. The register has no problem with this.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy's in store price (at least at mine) for Kind Hearts & Coronets was only $29.99.

Unfortunately, when I opened it I saw that Criterion has jumped on the overlapping discs packaging. :thumbsdown:

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
I sometimes forget that my local BB is the only GOOD one I've ever set foot in. Most of the others I've been in are absolutely horrible.

Still, I had the same experience as Dave Corder above - the POS system automatically brings up the special even with the price match. I have to imagine that programming is chain-wide, since I don't believe BB sells franchises.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing for me this week.

I would have picked up Ice Harvest if any store had it at a lower price. I loved the movie when I saw it in the theater.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i would have picked up newsradio season 3 if bestbuy actually had it in stock.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has anyone here seen the Hillbillies anywhere?

I got the BH Ultimate Collection Volume 1 at my local Wal-Mart for a great price...but haven't seen it at two Wal-Marts so far this week.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BTW, in my search for Granny, Jed and company...I saw those "TV Favorite" releases (Drew Carey, Welcome Back Kotter and Night Court) for $5.50 apiece at each of those two Wal-Marts.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I know everyone got bb to price-match cc AND get the free plush...but get this.

I finally got my butt over to my local bb tonight and wanted to do the Narnia pre-order and save $5 on LatT. I was amazed to see they still had some of the plush available. So, I picked up the LatT DVD and the plush and headed to the register (after a while agonizing over the Walk the Line deal) and said I'd also like to pre-order Narnia. The cashier blinked her eyes a few times and said "sure". She had to go and have someone explain it to her.

Even though earlier posters have said they did NOT have to pick between the 2-disc or 1-disc (WS or FS) Narnia...I did. So, I figured I might as well pick the 2-disc SE--even though I have read VERY LITTLE about what's going to be on the two different releases.

So, she then tells me my total is something like $24. I asked if the pre-order didn't knock $5 off the cost of the Disney DVD and she said they could only accommodate one promotion at a time. They couldn't do BOTH the plush AND the pre-order sale.

I had not the strength to argue. I told her to take the plush off the deal (honestly, the LAST thing I need is another Disney plush in the house! :D ). The pre-order deal then kicked in and I left my Best Buy store for the umpteenth time as a beaten man. :frowning:

BTW, no Hillbillies at bb either.

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
Sorry about that, Mike. I went to Best Buy, yesterday, to pick up LatT with my $5 Reward Zone certificate and my 15,000 bonus points certificate.

The girl at the checkout price matched to $14.99, plus I got the free plush. I decided to go ahead and pre-order Narnia, as well. I thought it had taken the $5 off, but looking at my receipt it only took $3 off. But, anyway, I use my RZ certificate making the total $11.99 + tax, plus I have $5 down on Narnia already. But here's what my receipt looked like.

Lady & The Tramp Plush 0.00
Reg. 9.99 w/ 9.99 Dollars Off
DVD 3.53
Pre-Order Chronicles of Narnia
Reg. 5.00 w/ 1.47 RZ Cert
DVD 0.00
Save $5 On A Disney Movie w/Narnia
DVD 8.46
Lady & The Tramp 50th ANV Ed
Reg 16.99 w/ 2.00 Match Competitor Price
Reg 14.99 w/ 3.00 Dollars Off
Reg 11.99 2/ 3.53 RZ Cert

So, it did all the discounts, but it only took $3 off, which is weird since it says Reg 14.99. It would seem it looks at the 14.99 price and not the 16.99. But, maybe they actually have it programmed to take off the original price. So, it wasn't worth the hassle of the paperwork they had to fill out for the price match (why can't it be as easy as Circuit City's price match?). But, I still think I came off with a good deal. Plus I got an extra 15,000 RZ points! I think it just has to be rung up in the correct order for everything to work.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The Random Number Generator pops up... #46, which corresponds to a post by TonyD.

TonyD, if you want the autographed Ice Harvest DVD, PM me with your contact info, and I will pass it on to Universal Publicity (they are going to send it out).

Thanks again to Universal Studios Home Entertainment for thinking of HTF, and preliminary congrats to TonyD!

- Steve

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Hmmm... if each person is entitled to one entry as apparently stated in the initial contest post, then shouldn't the 46th unique poster be the winner, meaning, maybe, if my math is correct, which it's frequently not, that Bob Pierce in post #58 (or perhaps Dax P in post #59 if Steve disqualifies himself and his posts from the 'contest') should be the winner for being the 46th person to post in the thread? Otherwise, theoretically, Mike could have posted 46 times in a row to start the thread and been the weiner, er, winner. :D

Sorry, just trying to make trouble.... ;)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Sorry, Tony, you've done nothing wrong and deserve no 'punishment' here -- the only reasonable thing to do is to give the Canadian couple duplicate golds -- er, I mean, maybe Universal will pony up 1 or 2 extra Ice Harvests for the other arguable winners! :)

... or for everyone who posted in the thread! YAY! :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I think the lesson here is that whenever a contest like this happens, you need to post many messages in the thread so that you have a better chance of having the random number generator pick your message :D

(Just kidding)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
came today. that was fast.

sig is on the inside cover art not on the plastic so that is good.
and it has a nice ribbon tied into a bow around it with Universal printed on it.

thanks again.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks