What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2-28-2006 (1 Viewer)

John Burton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Controversial Classics - Volume II: The Power of Media, Lady and the tramp, Ice Harvest, Walk the line....

Now is a good time to get that second job!

Luke Foust

Stunt Coordinator
Lady and the tramp and Newsradio for me. I would love to get Ice Harvest and the Contraversial Classics boxset but I have to limit myself.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
News Radio for me this week. I had pre-ordered so long ago, I had forgotten that it was going to be released this week. I am looking forward to picking up with this series after the 1st & 2nd seasons DVD set. It was one of the few TV sets that I have sat down and watch completely over a couple of nights.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
To completely put everyone's mind to rest this is straight from the the Best Buy online circular;

"The Lady and the Tramp
thru Mar 4
SAVE $5 INSTANTLY*, FREE TRAMP PLUSH DOG**
Available Tuesday, February 28***"

I'll do this deal so Thumper will have some company. :D

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Gosh, I'd loved to be entered into that contest! :)

MUST OWN!

C.O.P.S.: Animated Series
Dog Day Afternoon SE (2-disc)
The Ice Harvest (loved the movie)
Lady and the Tramp: 50th Anniv Ed.
Network: 30th Anniv. Ed. SE
Newsradio: Season 3
Pride and Prejudice (2005)
Real Ghostbusters: Vol. 1, 2, 3
Walk the Line CE (2-disc)

Eventually:

Beverly Hillbillies Ultimate Coll. Vol. 2
Drew Carey: Tv Favorites (has to be dirt cheap)
Ellen: Season 3
Where the Truth Lies (R & NR)
Yours, Mine and Ours

-

The Untouchables: Special Edition

-

Thank you for the lists!

Ryan

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Oooh, I would love to win the autographed Ice Harvest DVD. I should have seen it in the theater, especially with Ramis and Cusack involved, plus the trailer using an Eels song.

Also wanted to note that Best Buy's website is now showing $48.99 for the Controversial Classics vol. 2 set. At least it's no longer more expensive than buying each 2-disc set separately!

Betty R

Auditioning
Just Pride and Prejudice for me. I read this thread every week, but don't usually post to it. Wonder why I am this week? :)

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Has anyone successfully picked up Lady with the discount and the plush puppy today? As ususal, I'd rather be a sheep than the guinea pig, er, the leader of the pack. :b

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I got mine a little bit ago. There is a 4x6 or so card ("pre-order" ticket). Grab that, the dvd and the dog and head to the counter. Hold on to the receipt.

The one thing I was worried about was having to decide which Narnia to pre-order but you don't have to decide on that till you pick it up. Gives me some time to think about it. :emoji_thumbsup:

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to say thanks for posting the weekly roundup each week. Saves me a lot of time and money. :)

Already preordered Lady and the Tramp and it should be arriving today, but I'll be heading out to pick up Pride & Prejudice. Has anyone been to your local Walmart today and noticed what the price was on P&P? (I know it varies by area but it would help to have a general idea to see if it's worth my time to go there.)

Thanks!

Daniel_Hall

Auditioning
Does Best Buy price match another store if it's listed on their website? I know that Circuit City is cheaper, but they don't list the price in their sale ad, but they do on their website. If they do price match, has anyone tried getting the $5 off from the pre-order with the price match? Also, if you pre-order Narnia, could you still price match? I don't want to get to release day and find it cheaper (even if their website says $16.99, which is a bit high to me, you can't always trust it at that price in the store).

I want to pick up LatT at Best Buy since I have a $5 Reward Zone voucher plus an extra 15,000 points if I purchase anything before March 3. I definitely want to get that voucher used up. I let one slip by last time. Then, the other day, I found one for double the points for anything you purchase. I'm upset that I have purchased stuff at Best Buy since then, but didn't realize I had that coupon. I won't make it to Best Buy until Friday, anyway, so using that coupon, today, is not an option. Besides, the 15,000 is better than double. Too bad I can't think of something else to buy, or I might have made a special trip to Best Buy today.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
It looks like a couple of nice surprises for Costco shoppers:

1) Controversial Classics: Volume 2: $36.39 ($12/title)
2) Walk the Line CE: $23.99 (a bit cheaper than stated and a smaller difference for the CE)

:)

Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks