What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FYI the six Nolan UHD films other than Dunkirk are $22.99 at BB this week.
If a person wants all seven movies on 4K/UHD disc then I would buy the box set because at its current pricing it's $21.13 per title.

Edit: Just found the following information about the Nolan 4K/UHD releases:

(UPDATE: directly from Warners, please be aware the seven-movie Nolan Collection does NOT include Digital Copies, but the individual releases & Dark Knight Trilogy WILL all have Digital Copies.)

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...-the-christopher-nolan-collection-in-4k/40350

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
For anyone interested in the Christopher Nolan Collection 4K Ultra HD release, WBShop has it for $136.49 with free shipping:

http://www.wbshop.com/product/christopher+nolan+collection+%284k+ultra+hd%29+1000646881.do

You can also get an additional $10 off by using the coupon code WB10 at checkout.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Honestly, I can't get my head around the concept that someone who wants a 4K UHD disc has any interest in streaming a digital copy at all...
Have you viewed a 4K/HDR stream? It isn't on par with the disc, but it's pretty damn good. Watching a disc is preferable, but if it's late at night and you just don't feel like getting off your ass and retrieving a disc from your film library, it's mighty convenient to just stream a movie.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Have you viewed a 4K/HDR stream? It isn't on par with the disc, but it's pretty damn good. Watching a disc is preferable, but if it's late at night and you just don't feel like getting off your ass and retrieving a disc from your film library, it's mighty convenient to just stream a movie.

Honestly, no I haven't seen 4k on disc or stream yet. And I do understand that a stream can look quite nice, as I have watched TV shows through Netflix, Hulu, etc. The sticking point for me is that if you already have the superior disc product, why wouldn't you always go with that instead of using the stream. It really does seem like it would only come down to being lazy, like you say, which wouldn't make the non inclusion of the DC a deal breaker for me.

I'm not intending any negativity on peoples decisions or anything like that, just my own thoughts. I was surprised to see people were upset, is all.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Honestly, no I haven't seen 4k on disc or stream yet. And I do understand that a stream can look quite nice, as I have watched TV shows through Netflix, Hulu, etc. The sticking point for me is that if you already have the superior disc product, why wouldn't you always go with that instead of using the stream. It really does seem like it would only come down to being lazy, like you say, which wouldn't make the non inclusion of the DC a deal breaker for me.

I'm not intending any negativity on peoples decisions or anything like that, just my own thoughts. I was surprised to see people were upset, is all.
Actually, it's not a deal breaker for me either, but each person's circumstances are different. Perhaps, they share their digital library to extended family members?

Also, as somebody that has thousands of titles in their film library, at times, I use my streaming services like I channel surf on DirecTV. It might not be that I'm lazy, but just surveying some entertainment options.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Exactly my feeling. I always choose the disc first. But my laziness sometimes interferes. Plus the 4K streams on my/our LG OLED looks awesome.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don't understand, did you redeem codes?
No. What I meant is that there are now 4K versions available. As of today. So far only Interstellar upgraded to 4K since I redeemed that on iTunes.

But I’m buying them all tomorrow so I’ll. Have all of them in 4K except The Prestige which isn’t 4K yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No. What I meant is that there are now 4K versions available. As of today. So far only Interstellar upgraded to 4K since I redeemed that on iTunes.

But I’m buying them all tomorrow so I’ll. Have all of them in 4K except The Prestige which isn’t 4K yet.
So you already bought the Interstellar 4K disc and was able to redeem the 4K code?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks