What's new

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Can confirm no digital codes on Nolan 4K Collection set. Got mine at a local Best Buy. Also packaging was beat to hell and there were plastic bits on the inside, but it was the last one there, and the discs were unharmed, so...time to put them in more slim/attractive packaging (I use the sleeves from MMDesign).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just checked, literally the closest BB to me that has it in stock is 22 miles away. :blink:

Couple things -- if you're going by the online inventory the small volume sets and new releases aren't very accurate. Several people went by their local and were happy to find items that said OOS. It's better to let the CSR check the internal inventory and local store stock -- nowhere close to 100%, but a lot more accurate.

The Nolan sets (esp the 7 film and Dark Knight sets) are almost zero stock everywhere. the singles appear to more available and i think The Prestige may be a BBY exclusive for now. Apparently there were serious production issues and only a small proportion of waht was ordered by Warner were delivered on time. Best Buy again seems to get dibs on inventory and Amazon and the Alliance family are left in the cold.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Couple things -- if you're going by the online inventory the small volume sets and new releases aren't very accurate. Several people went by their local and were happy to find items that said OOS. It's better to let the CSR check the internal inventory and local store stock -- nowhere close to 100%, but a lot more accurate.

The Nolan sets (esp the 7 film and Dark Knight sets) are almost zero stock everywhere. the singles appear to more available and i think The Prestige may be a BBY exclusive for now. Apparently there were serious production issues and only a small proportion of waht was ordered by Warner were delivered on time. Best Buy again seems to get dibs on inventory and Amazon and the Alliance family are left in the cold.

I wish I was one of those people. 2 Target's, 2 Barnes and Noble, 1 Best Buy, 1 Wal Mart and 1 Fred Meyer. The closest I've come to seeing anything from this set on the shelf is Dunkirk . No shelf stickers, no place holders, no Prestige, no signage. Nothing.

I have the same problem with the first Harry Potter. It's nowhere to be seen.

Know what this tells me, really? I don't need these movies right now. They will invariably be on sale next year when everyone can get their assorted issues figured out and actually communicate with the consumer. At least Amazon says shipping date on some of the titles is the end of the month.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mike. It's my new mentality...if it requires too much effort or leg work, I can't be bothered. I realized I was hunting for exclusives and limited edition's for a long time and never enjoying the product. It would go on the shelf to sit. And sit.

Thanksgiving weekend I literally purged half my collection. Pulled 500 titles down and sold them. Now the movie library is much slimmer. Made just over $500 on the movies. I'm also doing the same in all our closets. Made about $200 on junk we weren't using. All in the name of a simpler life...and making the move to San Diego a lot easier in 2020.

Now, I really have to want a title to buy it. It's one of the reasons I hemmed and hawed over the Nolan titles. Would I watch The Prestige? Nope, don't really like it (The Illusionist is much better). Would I watch Inception? Probably, but I never watched the Blu-ray. Would I watch Interstellar? Probably, but again, never watched the Blu ray. So I came down to the Batman flicks. But no one has them in stock for me to buy. So everyone, including Warner, lost the sale. I saved either $150 (on the Nolan set) or $72 (on the Batman set). That's money to go toward some long-desired jewelry for Andrey... :rolleyes:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How'd ya sell the 500 movies (and make $500 in the process)?

On the one hand that doesn't sound like a good return on your investment. But, making $500 on movies you easily pruned from your collection doesn't sound bad either...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
How'd ya sell the 500 movies (and make $500 in the process)?

On the one hand that doesn't sound like a good return on your investment. But, making $500 on movies you easily pruned from your collection doesn't sound bad either...

I used a site called Decluttr. There's a phone app and you scan in barcodes to see what they'll pay. Print the mailing labels, drop them at the mailing place and done. I got my check about 2 weeks after shipping.

It's a terrible ROI, but I wasn't getting any traction on any other sites...Half.com is gone, Amazon has stupid crazy requirements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks