What's new

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm kind of screwed since I already have the Batman films on HD in iTunes which means they won't upgrade to 4K. I did notice that Interstellar in 4K is selling for $9.99 on iTunes. Inception is also available, but at a higher price point, I think it's 19.99. Dunkirk is available too. The Prestige is only HD on iTunes.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Has it been confirmed that the 4K UHD discs of the Dark Knight Trilogy contain only the DTS-HD MA audio instead of Dolby ATMOS or DTS-X encode?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Nolan films are now 4K on iTunes although The Dark Knight is playing only in HD even though I'm positive I bought it from iTunes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Has it been confirmed that the 4K UHD discs of the Dark Knight Trilogy contain only the DTS-HD MA audio instead of Dolby ATMOS or DTS-X encode?
Nolan doesn't like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X for his films. Even Dunkirk with Dolby Vision didn't have Dolby Atmos during its theatrical run.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
9BB54691-D4D0-487F-AC6E-4F2C015D999B.png
I can't find those prices on Best Buy's site.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Looks like I have to take that ad page to BB and have them adjust the pricing down to $22.99 as it's not showing up when you go to order them.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks like I have to take that ad page to BB and have them adjust the pricing down to $22.99 as it's not showing up when you go to order them.
Yeah. Make sure you show them the picture or their add. Their website still shows the higher prices. I had to get a manager to override.

Also other than Dunkirk they only had a few copies of the other titles. Don’t delay.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Barnes and Noble is having a 40% sale and with a 20% coupon I bought Interstellar for $15.99 & The Dark Knight Trilogy for $65.79. I bought Dunkirk from Target using some gift cards for $19.99 then bought Inception and The Prestige for $22.99 each, but using an old gift card my actual cost was zero.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
^ Guess I need to keep an eye out on B/N tomorrow since it's payday and the budget resets for me. I know the 20% off is done today.

Thanks Robert.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Went to B/N to see if they had The Dark Knight Trilogy. Poor guy working by the movies said they just got their new discs today and went through the boxes for me. Nothing. Their computer also shows they don't have any in stock or in a box anywhere. (It's no longer on BN.com either.)

Best bet may be WB Shop, strange as that is and spring for the Nolan collection at $136. That's under $20 per movie, free shipping over $100 and $10 off with a promo code...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I cancelled my preorder for the Nolan set from Amazon last night since it didn't ship yet then reserved my copy from Best Buy and picked it up today. The total bill was just enough to cover what was remaining of the spending requirement to maintain Elite status from Best Buy.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I cancelled my preorder for the Nolan set from Amazon last night since it didn't ship yet then reserved my copy from Best Buy and picked it up today. The total bill was just enough to cover what was remaining of the spending requirement to maintain Elite status from Best Buy.

Just checked, literally the closest BB to me that has it in stock is 22 miles away. :blink:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
For anyone interested, Disney has also snuck out a really quick digital-only release of Olaf's Frozen Adventure today. This is the Frozen holiday special which initially ran in front of Coco and then turned up on ABC last week.

The digital release is priced at $9.99 and includes Olaf's Frozen Adventure plus six classic Disney shorts (but, oddly enough, it doesn't say anything about having Frozen Fever, which would have been a logical inclusion.) I don't know precisely what the other shorts are because I'm not getting it -- I'll wait to see if a disc is forthcoming in the future -- but it's there if anybody wants it. Despite the widespread derision it received in front of Coco, I really liked the short, personally.

Or, if you just want to watch the Olaf short without owning it, ABC is re-airing it tonight at 8/7c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks