What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Titanic – 1997
full

– Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny – 2023
full

– Point Break – 1991
full

– Convict’s Code – 1939
full

– Pajama Party – 1964
full

– The Kill Room – 2023

The Prices

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There is one or maybe two high-profile films being released on 4k/UHD discs this week. :laugh:

I hope there’s something for you. Let us know.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike!

I might end up with Dial of Destiny at some point but feel in no rush to get it.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I clicked on the Amazon link for Dial of Destiny 4K and did a double take when I saw that the Blu-ray was more expensive than the 4K disc. Turns out, all formats on that page except 4K are actually for Last Crusade. The Amazon link for the Blu-ray on Mike's page is correct, though.

And I checked Best Buy's price and they aren't even trying to sell this title on 4K, as it currently has a pre-order price of $34.99.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@Mike Frezon Just posted my 4K disc review of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny.

Added to the grid @Todd Erwin ! :thumbs-up-smiley:

the big bang theory rock GIF by CBS

"Thor and Dr. Jones
Thor and Dr. Jones
One plays with lightning
The other plays with bones

Thor and Dr. Jones
Thor and Dr. Jones
One runs from Loki
The other runs from stones
"

This song lives in my head and won't leave. :D

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Added to the grid @Todd Erwin ! :thumbs-up-smiley:

the big bang theory rock GIF by CBS

"Thor and Dr. Jones
Thor and Dr. Jones
One plays with lightning
The other plays with bones

Thor and Dr. Jones
Thor and Dr. Jones
One runs from Loki
The other runs from stones
"

This song lives in my head and won't leave. :D
Funniest line in the movie: "Speaking as an ancient, going to the moon is like going to Reno - the middle of nowhere and no blackjack!"

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Damn, another sorry week at Target. Went to a new location that just opened up a few months ago. This was literally their entire movie section in the entire store. Not even an empty slot for either Indiana Jones or Titanic. Ironically found both of them in stock at Best Buy of all places. :emoji_rolling_eyes:
Target.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sadly, that's about the same as the two new-ish Target stores that have opened near me in the past few years. Just a couple of shelves for recent/catalog titles. There's usually an endcap in these stores for brand new releases.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Sadly, that's about the same as the two new-ish Target stores that have opened near me in the past few years. Just a couple of shelves for recent/catalog titles. There's usually an endcap in these stores for brand new releases.
Typically occupied by the current release of Taylor (the future Mrs. Kelce) Swift ... :rolleyes:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Damn, another sorry week at Target. Went to a new location that just opened up a few months ago. This was literally their entire movie section in the entire store. Not even an empty slot for either Indiana Jones or Titanic. Ironically found both of them in stock at Best Buy of all places. :emoji_rolling_eyes:
Your experience with Target mirrors mine. Best Buy, a place I largely gave up on a number of years ago, has become my go-to place in the last year. I don't think the Target near has stocked a UHD in the last few months but I can usually count on Best Buy getting UHD new releases and even catalog titles.

Of course, now that Best Buy has made a comeback, they're getting out of physical media. :laugh:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
View attachment 205568
The Target I visited in Reno shortly after the big exit announcements on physical media from both Target and Best Buy had less than half of that, with a small bin nearby of discounted DVDs.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
It's gonna be pretty damn sad next year trying to buy physical from B&M. Looks like WalMart is going to be my only option, and they usually can't be bothered to actually put the stock out on the shelves until later in the week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's gonna be pretty damn sad next year trying to buy physical from B&M. Looks like WalMart is going to be my only option, and they usually can't be bothered to actually put the stock out on the shelves until later in the week.
It'll likely be all Amazon for me. I'm used to that for most catalog titles but it'll be for new releases too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It'll likely be all Amazon for me.
The problem with Amazon is that they don't deliver new Disney releases on time. I have traditionally used Best Buy for Disney releases and the occasional steelbook. I'll probably move my Disney purchases to Target or Walmart. I still won't trust Amazon on a Disney title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks