What's new

WB - Limited Edition DTS titles? (1 Viewer)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
I was wondering, why not produce limited edition DVDs with full bit-rate DTS tracks? Why WB? Well, I want a Superman Dts edition. The end credits state that the picture was remixed in Dts.

Obviously, I would've liked 2 tracks on the previous release of Superman.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd like to see DTS for ALL titles that already have DTS tracks (Including restored versions such as My Fair Lady and Superman which were remixed in DTS for their re-release)

Also, titles that can be remixed from scratch into new DTS tracks would be great.

Here's some titles I think would really benifit from DTS:

Amadeus

Superman

My Fair Lady (Although Paramount might have the DVD rights now)

Ben-Hur (drool!)

Silent films (Why not DTS for some orchestral scores for Ben-Hur (1926), The Cameraman, and The Crowd?)

DTS is nice, but it won't keep me from buying a DVD if it has no DTS track. If I went by that rule, I would have only NINE DVD's. It's stupid (I'm not kidding) to not pick up a DVD such as a Three Stooges DVD just because it has no DTS track...but I definately would re-purchase Superman: The Movie if it had a DTS version. I just don't feel like waiting 20 years for "All The World's A Stooge: SUPERBIT" to come out.

Luis A

Second Unit
I hope WB will pursue DTS further. I would have about 150-200 more WB titles in my library if DTS had been included.:)
L

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Amadeus should be 448 kbps DD and 5.1 DTS. I'd go for a separate DTS edition to get full-bitrate DTS.

-dave

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Come on WB, limited edition dts tracks for the fans!!! If DTS is unpopular, why do Universal and Fox support it???

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
remixed in DTS for their re-release
Movies aren't mixed for DTS. They're mixed for 6 track sound and from there they can be encoded in whatever multi-track format there is.

I"m not thread crapping, I just want to make it clear that even if there isn't the DTS moniker on the film's credits, it can still be DTS.

With that said I'm salivating for a DTS Amadeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks