What's new

Warner September Special Edition details (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Looks like I will pick Singing in the Rain up after all now that Baz Luhrmann will be involved.
Amadeus the director's Cut is believe going to be in UK
cinemas again from this friday 12 july unless I am mistaken
:D

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Amadeus a good film???? Never seen it. I guess that song - Rock Me Amadeus is from this picture?
Heh no, that song is not in the movie, however it did come out around the same time as the movie. Had that song been in the movie, it would have been VERY out of place. Basically, the movie is a telling of Mozart's life and takes place at the time he was alive (and a little after), so an electronic Euro-pop song would have no place in the movie. Highly recommended movie!

Travis D

Second Unit
Well I'll be a son of a bitch. Guess who's birthday is on Sept 24??

Huh?

Mine!

::kool-aid guy voice:: "Oh Yeah!"

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/07_08.html
full specs on all five releases
This caught my eye
The Amadeus DVD also features a new audio commentary by director Milos Forman and writer Peter Shaffer, "The Making of Amadeus" 37-minute documentary on the making of the film (which is not the same as the one featured on the previous laserdisc release), filmographies, awards list, and original and reissue theatrical trailers.
For Unforgiven, even a full episode of the television series Maverick "It's Duel at Sundown," featuring Eastwood.
What year was this broadcast
All five covers are also show

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
Well, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the Amadeus SE. The original version of the film wont be on the disc (so I'll have to keep the flipper after all), none of the original extras from the laserdisc are going to be on the disc, and I would imagine that we'll still have to change discs during the film (so not much different than a flipper).

Oh well. If the extended cut is better than the original version, then I won't be as bothered...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
The Bits updated with info about all five dvds and learned from that which western show is about
Thanks Bill
:D

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
A new group of special editions from Warner's enormous library that encompasses most of the historic films made at MGM in its heyday will be introduced next year, some of which have never been released on DVD.
Could this possibly mean Ben-Hur getting the two-disc, non-snapper treatment?? Please!!!! The only thing holding me back from buying the current one in the packaging.

On a lighter note, the big day is a little over three weeks away!!! I'll definitely pick up Unforgiven and maybe go blind on True Romance if BB has a good deal.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Could this possibly mean Ben-Hur getting the two-disc, non-snapper treatment?? Please!!!! The only thing holding me back from buying the current one in the packaging.
I doubt they'll do an SE of a title already given a pretty decent edition 2 years after release. WB has too many films in their library to have to do SE's of practically new DVDs.

MGM started in the early 1920's, so 1959 would hardly be their heyday. I'm convinced that this probably means we'll see more 1920's and 1930's films, since they're really lacking so far. A lot of the early WB stuff from the 1920's and 1930's is a big mix of good and bad.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
MGM started in the early 1920's, so 1959 would hardly be their heyday. I'm convinced that this probably means we'll see more 1920's and 1930's films, since they're really lacking so far. A lot of the early WB stuff from the 1920's and 1930's is a big mix of good and bad.
I very much doubt that we will see many silent films from the MGM library. I suspect the following major MGM titles are likely candidates for release (at least I hope so):

SAN FRANCISCO
GRAND HOTEL
THE GOOD EARTH
BOYS TOWN
EASTER PARADE
GOODBYE MR CHIPS
MRS MINIVER
RANDOM HARVEST
NATIONAL VELVET
MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY (both versions)
JULIUS CEASAR
ASPHALT JUNGLE
QUO VADIS
HIGH SOCIETY
IVANHOE
RAINTREE COUNTY
KING OF KINGS
RYAN'S DAUGHTER

Barbara Smith

Auditioning
Please release the mini series North and South: The Trilogy on DVD in the United States (Region 1), books 1 and 2, and possibly book 3. North and South is my favorite mini series of all time and it deserves to be on DVD with lots of extras.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Thank you Warner! I've been holding off buying TRUE ROMANCE for some time. I guess everything comes to he who waits huh? I didn't read all of the posts on this thread so if someone already answered my question, I apologize, but I was wondering if it will include a DTS track. I read somewhere that there was a strong possibility. Regardless, I look forward to UNFORGIVEN as well.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Don D

Grip
The original press release regarding "Singin' in the Rain" said there would be a theatrical release in "the fall." Has anyone heard a specific date yet?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
"They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!"

Better get some of those sillver dollars (or in my case; pounds) together for those lavish SEs from Uncle Warner...

Fabtastic stuff.

Gordy

Don D

Grip
I also was excited about the PBS documentary... I'm hoping it's still included and they just forgot to mention it in the press release.
"Gene Kelly: Anatomy of a Dancer" isn't included in the "Singin' in the Rain" SE set. It's available separately, or as part of the "Gene Kelly Collection" box set.

-- Don

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I've been holding off buying TRUE ROMANCE for some time. I guess everything comes to he who waits huh? I didn't read all of the posts on this thread so if someone already answered my question, I apologize, but I was wondering if it will include a DTS track.
Yes, it does...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Is it not the 65th anniversary of The Adventures of Robin Hood as mentioned on the Bits a couple of months ago. I am also looking forward to finally see this on DVD
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks