What's new

Warner - Man From UNCLE - pretty please? (1 Viewer)

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Us lucky souls in R2 were fortunate enough to get a boxed set of some of the theatrical edits of the double Man From UNCLE episodes.

Is there any chance of the whole world seeing a season-by-season release of all the episodes of this and its spinoff Girl?

I'd buy the lot faster than you can say Illya Kuryakin.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, this would be absolutely fantastic. It is such a huge shame that this classic show is not available.

It's not as if this wasn't a popular show. It was, and still is. And it has a devoted fan base that are dying to have this released on dvd. And, unless you have the videotapes of some of the episodes that were released in the early '90s or taped them off of television when TNT was airing it, you can't see it.

So, I would think it would be in the studios best interest to release this. It's not as if it wouldn't sell.

There are many shows that are being aired over and over again, many times a day, that have been released on dvd, but UNCLE, which isn't , is nowhere to be seen.

I actually assumed it had been released, and went to buy it and was stunned, frustrated, and confused when I found out that it wasn't available. Why?

It would be great to have it released season by season so UNCLE fans can finally enjoy it. I'd gladly pay the thirty or forty or fifty dollars for it.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Faster than you can say THRUSH.

Please, Warner, put this out.

AlmaH

Auditioning
I would really love to see boxed sets of all four seasons ob DVD. With so many shows from the 60s coming out on DVD, it seems strange that this one has not. It was the best and most entertaining of the lot.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
It's seems a bit strange to me as well. Bit of a stumper.

I'm half tempted to start buying the vidoetape copies that were released in the 90s. It'd be one way to see it. But the only copies I've come across are people selling their used ones and I couldn't believe some of the prices. One copy was going for $130! Ouch. I have found them cheaper though.

But the thing about the videotapes is that it's only 44 episodes and a lot of them are 3rd season(while still UNCLE and still good, if I had my pick I'd start with the first season). And the ones I really want weren't put on video.

And I KNOW, with my luck, that if I were to start buying all the videotape versions, that UNCLE would finally be released on dvd.

I'll never tire of asking this:

Please, Warner, give us UNCLE. Please?:)

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Maybe next time there's a Warner Bros Chat on the site, somebody could get George Feltenstein in a hammerlock until he says UNCLE. :D

Kidding.

Honest.

I can be on the stagecoach out of here before then.

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
Ha!:)
I've read one of the transcripts of the one of the old chats with Warner Bros. How do you know when one of these things is coming up? I'd love to ask about UNCLE.
I'm not above begging...:D

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
A great extra would be if they would put on there the 2-hour, never before seen pilot.
Which American Life Tv is going to air on November 9th, for those of you lucky enough(unfortunately I don't) to get this channel.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Isn't the two hour pilot the theatrically-released "To Trap A Spy"? (The Vulcan Affair with added footage)

Patricia

Stunt Coordinator
You know, I'm really not sure. It might be. I just assumed it was something that had never been shown anywhere.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
If you haven't already got it, I'd heartily recommend this book as everything you wanted to know about The Man From UNCLE but were afraid to ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks