What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Press Release Warner Archive Press Release: Another Thin Man (1939) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
3.jpg

NEW 2021 1080p HD Master Sourced from 4K scan of best surviving preservation elements!
ANOTHER THIN MAN (1939)
Run Time 102:00
Subtitles English SDH
Audio Specs: DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English, MONO - English
Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1 4x3 FULL FRAME
Product Color BLACK & WHITE
Disc Configuration BD 50
Special Features: M-G-M Musical Short: Love on Tap; Classic M-G-M Cartoon: The Bookworm

Dum-Dum, Wacky, Creeps, Fingers: They’re just a few of the hoodlums in the world of amateur sleuths and professional bon vivants Nick and Nora Charles. And now there’s a new hood: parenthood. A birthday – make that boithday – party that some of da boys hold for infant Nick Jr. is part of the fun in this third film in the witty series. The case begins when the Charles family arrives for a weekend with a Long Island industrialist who fears someone wants to kill him. Sure enough, his fears come true. Nick (William Powell) is among the suspects. Asta scrams with what may be the murder weapon. And Nora (Myrna Loy) has her own ideas about the case and sneaks off to a nightclub to ferret out a clue. “Madam, how long have you been leading this double life?” Nick asks. “Just since we’ve been married,” she replies.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
In some ways, this is my favorite of the Thin Man movies. I simply love the cast.

When I was in college (when knighthood was in flow'r) I would force my friends to watch a lot of old movies. THE THIN MAN series was always a favorite and went down very easily with the group. Invariably, no matter who I showed this one to, they would be ROLLING on the floor during Marjorie Main's scene as "Miss Dolly" the landlady. The comedy is really sharp all through this one and yes, the cast can't be beat!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
When I was in college (when knighthood was in flow'r) I would force my friends to watch a lot of old movies. THE THIN MAN series was always a favorite and went down very easily with the group. Invariably, no matter who I showed this one to, they would be ROLLING on the floor during Marjorie Main's scene as "Miss Dolly" the landlady. The comedy is really sharp all through this one and yes, the cast can't be beat!
Yeah, that's one of my favorite scenes and I love Mrs. Dolley's line about Nick being a fast worker.:laugh:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Mrs. Dolley, please!

This has Sheldon Leonard, Asta doing a backflip, and the return of Nat Pendleton's Lieutenant Guild from the original movie. Sheer bliss!

You must be right, but I guess I got confused by her announcing herself as "Mizz Dolley" when she knocks on "Linda's" door. It makes more sense that she was using it as a diminutive of Mrs. rather than Miss. D'oh!!

And don't forget we get a pre-stardom Ruth Hussey, too!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
You must be right, but I guess I got confused by her announcing herself as "Mizz Dolley" when she knocks on "Linda's" door. It makes more sense that she was using it as a diminutive of Mrs. rather than Miss. D'oh!!

And don't forget we get a pre-stardom Ruth Hussey, too!
Yeah, Nick refers to her as Mrs. Dolley during his summation while naming the killer.

Honestly, I think I've memorized these movies I've watched them so often.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks