What's new

Warner Archive: "Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series" on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The Blu-ray is missing an important splash sound in PURSUIT OF THE PO-HO. However, it could have been added later. It sounds really loud on youtube.
Eric, are you unable to enjoy anything unless it is 100% accurate and perfect? It's just that I notice you seem to go over every release with a fine-tooth comb to find every tiny imperfection.;)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I am more curious than anything. It doesn't sound as the effect is missing so much as it has been cut. You can hear the tail end of it when the stinger starts. I was just wondering what sound elements they had to work with.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am more curious than anything. It doesn't sound as the effect is missing so much as it has been cut. You can hear the tail end of it when the stinger starts. I was just wondering what sound elements they had to work with.

I'm the same with with classic Star Trek, honestly. I always notice all sound mix changes every time a newly mastered video release comes out.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
In watching this series on blu-ray, I have identified the following defects:

Disc 1 - "Pursuit of the Po-ho" - splash sound is missing when Race emerges from the water.

Disc 2 - "Dragons of Ashida" - screen goes completely black for 4 seconds from 22:40 to 22:44, although audio plays through.

Disc 3 - "House of the Seven Gargoyles" - Video pixelates and freezes following the 6:59 mark and does not resume until approximately 7:35 mark. Does anyone else have this issue on this disc?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

Disc 1 - "Pursuit of the Po-ho" - splash sound is missing when Race emerges from the water.

Disc 2 - "Dragons of Ashida" - screen goes completely black for 4 seconds from 22:40 to 22:44, although audio plays through.

Disc 3 - "House of the Seven Gargoyles" - Video pixelates and freezes following the 6:59 mark and does not resume until approximately 7:35 mark. Does anyone else have this issue on this disc?
I wonder if Sherri Bogard can check these out?

~Ben

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor

Pursuit of the Po-ho: the splash was missing on the DVD English track too, but is available on the DVD Spanish track and can be used to fix the problem for those able and inclined to do so.

Dragons of Ashida: I'm not sure this is a defect. DVD and cable reruns were also black. Since this moment is when one of the dragons is killed by a rock, I wonder if it wasn't censored either originally or sometime later and doesn't survive. I know I've never seen the rock kill the dragon.

House of the Seven Gargoyles: my copy doesn't have this defect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks