What's new

Warner Archive: "Jonny Quest: The Complete Original Series" on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
2be91446-42c0-4de9-aba4-fa17d65d8959

NEW 2019 1080p HD MASTERS!

JONNY QUEST: THE COMPLETE ORIGINAL SERIES (1964)

Run Time 572:00
Subtitles English SDH
Sound Quality DTS HD-Master Audio 2.0 - English
Aspect Ratio ORIGINAL ASPECT RATIO - 1.33:1, 4 X 3 FULL FRAME
Product Color COLOR
Disc Configuration 3-BD 50s
Special Features: Jonny Quest: Adventures in Animation - featurette on animators ; Double Danger: Special version of this episode with Quest Files - fun, facts and trivia; Jonny Quest Video Handbook; Vintage P.F. Flyers Sneaker Commercial

TV’s first animated action-adventure series is about to take you on a breathless ride. All 26 episodes charting the fantastic exploits of brave and brainy 11-year-old Jonathan Quest are yours in a 3-disc set, as originally first broadcast in prime-time on ABC-TV during the 1964-65 season. Unlike the outrageous fantasy plots of cartoons that preceded it, Jonny Quest drew on science and detective-style logic to solve mysteries and apprehend sophisticated villains. Viewers were transported to exotic locales as Jonny’s dad, Dr. Benton Quest, tackled each new government assignment, aided by ex-agent “Race” Bannon, Indian boy Hadji, family bulldog Bandit... and, of course, his fearless son Jonny.

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-17_14-55-39.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-17_14-55-39.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by a moderator:

Ken_Martinez

BANNED
Real Name
Ken
The press release doesn't, but the comic ad WAC put out and their various social media posts are promising uncut episodes. The DVD's censored out politically incorrect dialogue.

If that holds, the Blu-Ray would be a significant upgrade for that alone.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I guess The Jetsons will be released in July ? Would have been nice if it was released in June also.
Have we had an official announcement on the Jetsons? I thought it was just being talked about. If so I doubt it would come that soon after Johnny Quest they usually space out these type of releases.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I never ordered Blu Rays from Warner Archive so this may be a non-issue but are these burned or pressed? I ordered DVDs from them before and they were burned, which play inconsistently on different DVD players. I naturally would prefer pressed.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I never ordered Blu Rays from Warner Archive so this may be a non-issue but are these burned or pressed? I ordered DVDs from them before and they were burned, which play inconsistently on different DVD players. I naturally would prefer pressed.
So far all of their Blu rays are pressed. I hope it never changes.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Didn't I hear somewhere a new live action JQ is coming out this year? Or am I mistaken? If so, that might be why this is getting released now instead of when originally announced.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Looks like Jade, who appeared in two episodes of the original series.

Yup that's her. Why would they use a photo with her included when she only appears twice throughout the entire series though?

Did WB not check before the decided on a final cover or did they just Google Jonny Quest and pick something from the images.

JadeFigureModels.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks