What's new

War for the Planet of the Apes - 7/14/17 (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
By the Way it is the 50th anniversary this year of POTA. Fox has always been great treating fans well with "anniversary editions" . I hope we get a newly remastered 4K version of the original film with other new features. The last big release was 2008, and it was something special. IF this year passes with no new POTA release I will be shockingly disappointed.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
A new 4K restoration of Planet Of The Apes was completed a couple years after the Blu-rays were released. A couple years ago, Fox representative Chad Finn was asked on HTF if Fox had any plans to release that new 4K version to Blu-ray disc, and indicated the studio had no plans to do so at that time. (They also have a new 4K Die Hard remaster which they have declined to release to disc to date.) So Fox is definitely sitting on some good stuff, it's just a question of whether we'll see it in a timely fashion. They may be holding it back to see if catalog UHD takes off.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
No prob! They did strike a few prints from the restoration and I saw a brand new one in 35mm around the time Rise came out, and it looked fantastic. I still think the current BD looks very good, but this print also looked very, very nice.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A new 4K restoration of Planet Of The Apes was completed a couple years after the Blu-rays were released. A couple years ago, Fox representative Chad Finn was asked on HTF if Fox had any plans to release that new 4K version to Blu-ray disc, and indicated the studio had no plans to do so at that time. (They also have a new 4K Die Hard remaster which they have declined to release to disc to date.) So Fox is definitely sitting on some good stuff, it's just a question of whether we'll see it in a timely fashion. They may be holding it back to see if catalog UHD takes off.
Die Hard 4K is available on iTunes by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks