What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Wanted: GUNSMOKE (CBS/1955-1975) (3 Viewers)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
See?

I knew once I ordered the German version a US release would happen.

I wonder what the price on that 143 disc complete series box will be? And, whether the season chunk epic paks will continue through Wal-Mart?

Now all we have left to wonder about is Bonanza, but at least ViacomCBS didn't screw us over on Gunsmoke.

Yeah, I have those paks up through Season 12. Haven't seen any more though.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, I have those paks up through Season 12. Haven't seen any more though.

10-12 was released last October, and they've been averaging about a release a year.

With the major push to get Gunsmoke complete in the last year, it's only logical that the epic paks haven't gone any further yet. Before that started late last year, there wasn't enough material for a new chunky collection.

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
See?

I knew once I ordered the German version a US release would happen.

I wonder what the price on that 143 disc complete series box will be? And, whether the season chunk epic paks will continue through Wal-Mart?

Now all we have left to wonder about is Bonanza, but at least ViacomCBS didn't screw us over on Gunsmoke.

Thanks for taking one for the team! Hopefully, we'll get lucky and see Bonanza completed eventually as well. You planning on any more orders from Germany, Robert? ;)

The MSRP on that complete Gunsmoke set (143 discs!!!) has got to be astronomical!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thanks for taking one for the team! Hopefully, we'll get lucky and see Bonanza completed eventually as well. You planning on any more orders from Germany, Robert? ;)

The MSRP on that complete Gunsmoke set (143 discs!!!) has got to be astronomical!

Well, Law and Order was $700 MSRP for 104 discs, Dark Shadows was $600 MSRP for 131 discs.

However, both of those were all new pressings and/or unreleased material while this set is almost certainly stock on hand repackaged. So maybe that'll cut the price.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin

If it is, I do hope they will also release the TV movies on DVD separately again!

~Ben

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If it is, I do hope they will also release the TV movies on DVD separately again!

~Ben

CBS only released 3 of the movies and farmed the last two out to Kino. Those two are still in print, so I don't forsee a complete movie collection or the movies with the series right now.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
GUNSMOKE SEASON 16

Episode #18
“Tycoon”
written by Robert Vincent Wright
directed by Bernard McEveety
music by Johnny Parker
guests: Shug Fisher, Nora Marlowe, Gwynne Gilford, John Beck, James Minotto, Herman Poppe, Walker Edmiston, Charles Wagenheim

At the Long Branch, Festus distributes the mail to his three usual friends when Doc reads a letter sent to Festus that states he inherits $500 from a dead gold prospector. Skin trader uncle Titus (actor Shug Fisher) is thrown out of the bank when Festus calms him down and pays him a beer. Festus learns from uncle Titus that he needs a $200 loan to create a freight company so Festus accepts the deal and buys himself a fancy suit—so showy that everybody laugh at the Long Branch. Unfortunately, uncle Titus spends $402 to buy a colored circus wagon. Both men make their first trip and stop at a farm where they are asked to pay a toll to cross the land of the Fowler. Uncle Titus forces Festus to act as a wealthy man and the mother Fowler pushes him to be engaged to her daughter but things turn really weird …

It’s a light Festus episode in which he clumsy tries to become a businessman and it’s also the return of uncle Titus from the season 15 “The Still”. As in “Sgt. Holly” with Miss Kitty, one of the leading characters ends up in a broken bed leading to one obvious libidal interpretation.

Actors Shug Fisher returns from this season 16 “Gentry’s Law”, John Beck (“Kiowa”) and Walker Edmiston (“Celia”) from season 15, Nora Marlowe from the season 14 “The Twisted Heritage”.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Gunsmoke having its full and complete run available on DVD will most assuredly be something for the fans of that hit 1955-75 CBS Western-- I bet the all-in-one to come on the same date will cost a pretty penny, though.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Deep Discount has The Complete Series set up for Pre - Order. The SRP is $338.98, but they have it at $222.84 at the moment. Pretty amazing price for 20 seasons and 635 total episodes if you ask me.

https://www.deepdiscount.com/gunsmo..._BjcpEV9YhL6u7c5Ljtajzlj3vRhpcUwCXqS6Vz1KOwEA

EDIT: Here's a look at the case:

88184728_10157841732631063_7242320025137184768_n.jpg

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As I Said in another thread, the price that Deep discount has it for is 222.84. Thats $11.14 USD. Not bad .. Even if you paid the list price of $338.98, Thats still a deal at $16.95 USD Per season. a great deal even though the packaging is not what I hoped for

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You're probably right, massive as that thing will be!

Yeah, but think of how much space 34 sets would take up instead.

The shelf I have Gunsmoke on is 46 inches wide and the collection now takes up about half of that, and that's with the chunky 10-12, which is only 3 normal cases wide for 6 volumes. Those epic paks cut about half the space needed for the individual releases out.

But yeah, it'll still be huge and probably won't fit in a normal sized mailbox.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
GUNSMOKE SEASON 16

Episode #19
“Jaekel”
written by Calvin Clements
story by Thelma and True Boardman
directed by Bernard McEveety
music by Leon Klatzkin
guests: Eric Braeden, Julie Gregg, John Crawford, Mia Bendixsen, Vic Tayback, James Chandler, Scott Edmonds, Bob Golden

Nathan Burke brings back the mail to Miss Kitty at the Long Branch when Beth Wilson (actress Julie Gregg) enters and asks her if there is a letter from her ex-boyfriend Carl Jaekel (actor Eric Braeden). At the State prison’s hospital ward, the warden (actor James Chandler) gives a document to convict Carl Jaekel that says he gains a full pardon for having saved his life and his colleague. On his way to leave, dying convict Dirks (actor Vic Tayback) insults Jaekel and accuses him of double-crossing his escaping partners and Jaekel eliminates him by pushing him out of his bed to open up his wound. At night, Jaekel appears at the Long Branch and asks to see saloon girl Beth Dorman when Miss Kitty informs him about the marriage of Beth and her six years old daughter. Jaekel rushes to the house of the Wilson’s and imitates a birdcall which triggers the leaving of Beth heading to the barn where she meets Jaekel ordering her to go with him by all means. Meanwhile Norman Wilson (actor John Crawford) rides to a business appointment at Garden City when he has an accident owing to gunshots and reports it to Dillon. The next day, Jaekel meets Penny, the daughter of Beth, and suggests her to do a dangerous stunt when scared Beth arrives and negotiates an agreement. At the Long Branch, Dillon orders Festus to keep an eye on the Wilson’s house but Jaekel neutralizes him cold. Jaekel now is free to take care of Beth …

It’s a terrifying marital entry and an interesting focus on a bitter convict that is well-served by the harassing lone wolf performance of Eric Braeden. It is written by executive story consultant Calvin Clements. The character of Jaekel calls Beth’s husband “Mr. Big Belly”. In the context of the episode, the last name Jaekel means jackal. The prison prologue encapsulates very well the predatory nature of Jaekel.

Actors John Crawford returns from the season 15 “Ring of Darkness” and “The War Priest”, Vic Tayback from the season 14 “The Long Night”, James Chandler from the season 12 “Old Friend”.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks