What's new
World Wide Stereo

Want suggestions for a Router (1 Viewer)

carbuff

Auditioning
Real Name
Shepsan
Greetings to all . . .

I have ordered a Samsung BD C6500 Blu-Ray Player. It is due to arrive next Tuesday.

In order to take advantage of its wireless features, I will purchase a router.

One that appears to fit my needs is the Cisco Linksys E3000.

Comments regarding this router and/or suggestions regarding any other brand and model will be appreciated.

Note: July 20, 2010: Sent back Samsung and no longer need router.

728x90

carbuff

Auditioning
Real Name
Shepsan
Sorry about the delay in responding. Had a full schedule and was not able to check the thread.

It is a long frustrating story. The bottom line is that I could not connect the Samsung to the internet. The Linksys WRT160Nv3 router was the problem but I did not know it at the time. I had wanted to purchase a better router for some time, thus my thread.

I liked the Samsung Blu-ray player because its visual and audio quality were superior to that of my old Sony BDP-S300. However, when it would not connect to the internet, thinking it was the player's fault, I returned it to the vendor.

Immediately, I bought a LG BD570 and darn if I did not encounter the same problem. The day following the delivery of the LG, the router died completely rendering my notebook in the garage unable to access the internet. I then ordered a replacement router, a WRT400N. it is due to be delivered tomorrow. I'll connect to the modem and my desktop computer, check out my notebook internet access and then properly setup the LG Blu-ray player. I do not expect the problem to occur with a new dual band router.

IMO, either player, Samsung BD-C6500 or Lg BD570 would be a good addition to home theater system. The do not take up much space, are attractive and have the rear connectors needed for any decent A/V receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks