What's new

Hardware Review Eero 2nd Generation Review: Now Twice As Powerful! On Top Of The Connectivity Revolution (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
@Ronald Epstein
I think you'll find Ars' latest mesh review informative. It basically makes the case that it's still too early to upgrade to WiFi 6 systems.

Thanks for remembering and thinking of me, Dave.

It seems like it may still be a bit early to make a final determination on 6E as the article suggests more testing needs to be done.

However, I don't regret holding out for the new 6E mesh routers to be introduced. Thanks again!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I keep an eye out for reviews on wifi mesh systems since I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade for like three years now! :laugh:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I keep an eye out for reviews on wifi mesh systems since I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade for like three years now! :laugh:

Me, as well, though I am becoming lazy and depending on someone like you to post the interesting ones.

The two companies I am most interested in hearing from are Eero and Amplifi, neither of which has released 6E mesh units as of yet.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Target has the eero 6 3-pack for $84 off, only $195.99. No idea if this is a one-day sale or not.

Not a bad price. I would want the PRO though.

Yeah, just say no to dual band units, especially for this kind of setup.

They probably waste the wifi-6 band on the wireless backhaul, leaving you w/ slow-ish, 2.4Ghz actual connections to all your devices. It *might* be better than the old wifi-5 version, but probably only marginally so, if at all, in actual usage...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Looks like Eero has quietly introduced new 6E Pro models

I might now consider doing an upgrade but that also means having to upgrade to a new Verizon router that supports 6E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks