Wall Mounts for Speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasterMereel, Jan 2, 2003.

1. JasterMereel

JasterMereel Auditioning

I have a couple of Energy e:xl-16's that I am wanting to mount on my wall. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good speaker wall mounts that won't sag and that aren't that expensive. Better yet, does anyone know which ones at Parts Express are the best for your money. Thanks.
    Jaster Mereel

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

I dont know about Parts Express. but Walmart actually has a set of two speaker mounts for only 9.99. Theyre in a small blister pack. I bought these for mine and they dont sag, Im not sure how myour speakers weigh..... mine dont weigh that much...... but theyre GREAT for the price. Check em out....... if you dont like em just return them [​IMG]

3. Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall Second Unit

Scott
    I saw Jester's earlier post at ArsTechnica, where he stated that his speakers weigh 15lbs each. I suspect those $10 mounts won't suffice for such heavy speakers -- although I'd certainly like to be proven wrong, since I too need to pick up a pair of speaker mounts (for 12lb Paradigm Titans).
    I've been considering the following two option from Parts Express:
    Vogel BEK100 (up to 55lbs)
    "Smarter" Wall Mount (up to 50 lbs)
    ... but I've yet to decide which to order!

4. JasterMereel

JasterMereel Auditioning

I ended up going ahead and getting the speaker wall mounts made by Energy; the Energy Macros. They retail for $50, but my Energy dealer (Tom at ARM Innovations, pfloor1(at)aol(dot)com) can get them to me for $40 shipped. I figured I might as well go with them since they are designed for my speakers with the 16 thread 3/8" bolt and stuff. I also talked to a couple of people with the same mounts and they haven't had a problem with them sagging. Thanks.

Jaster Mereel

5. RickGr

RickGr Second Unit

Lowes Home Improvements stores sell various wall speaker mounts some with swivel arms and the like.