What's new

Wall Mounts for Speakers (1 Viewer)

JasterMereel

Auditioning
I have a couple of Energy e:xl-16's that I am wanting to mount on my wall. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good speaker wall mounts that won't sag and that aren't that expensive. Better yet, does anyone know which ones at Parts Express are the best for your money. Thanks.
Jaster Mereel

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
I dont know about Parts Express. but Walmart actually has a set of two speaker mounts for only 9.99. Theyre in a small blister pack. I bought these for mine and they dont sag, Im not sure how myour speakers weigh..... mine dont weigh that much...... but theyre GREAT for the price. Check em out....... if you dont like em just return them :)

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I saw Jester's earlier post at ArsTechnica, where he stated that his speakers weigh 15lbs each. I suspect those $10 mounts won't suffice for such heavy speakers -- although I'd certainly like to be proven wrong, since I too need to pick up a pair of speaker mounts (for 12lb Paradigm Titans).
I've been considering the following two option from Parts Express:
Vogel BEK100 (up to 55lbs)
"Smarter" Wall Mount (up to 50 lbs)
... but I've yet to decide which to order!

JasterMereel

Auditioning
I ended up going ahead and getting the speaker wall mounts made by Energy; the Energy Macros. They retail for $50, but my Energy dealer (Tom at ARM Innovations, pfloor1(at)aol(dot)com) can get them to me for $40 shipped. I figured I might as well go with them since they are designed for my speakers with the 16 thread 3/8" bolt and stuff. I also talked to a couple of people with the same mounts and they haven't had a problem with them sagging. Thanks.

Jaster Mereel

RickGr

Second Unit
Lowes Home Improvements stores sell various wall speaker mounts some with swivel arms and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks