What's new

Walking Dead - Season 7 (2 Viewers)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's entirely possible that there have been attempts that have failed. Negan likes to make a show of his disciplinary actions and this would go a long way in making people think twice about trying it again. This is exactly why Eugene refused to give the wives the poison.
Yeah, if the wives screwed it up, there's no question who gave them the poison and Eugene is dead.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Guess everyone was watching the Academy Awards? (Watched Walking Dead & Talking Dead first and then the Academy Awards with judicious Fast Forwards myself.)
- Walter.

The best way to do it. DVR for both, catch up a few hours late, or just give it about 1/2 hour and start watching, you can usually stay just behind the "live" stuff, not worrying about the DVR filling up but skipping the crap. Massive use of the FF button. I don't watch anything "live" any more.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
The best way to do it. DVR for both, catch up a few hours late, or just give it about 1/2 hour and start watching, you can usually stay just behind the "live" stuff, not worrying about the DVR filling up but skipping the crap. Massive use of the FF button. I don't watch anything "live" any more.

Check out my post under the oscars thread, I suggested the same thing. We have been doing this for years.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Check out my post under the oscars thread, I suggested the same thing. We have been doing this for years.
A link to your posts? I can't seem to find them, but would like to read them.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Well, they just need to find a couple of more zombie military outposts and they'll be all set for the big game. I almost though that he was going to get it in this episode.

I like these kind of episodes where we get to see them surviving.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought this was one of the worst episodes of the series. Were we really supposed to believe that was Rick being eaten and not the deer?

I really can't stand the Rosita character either, which I guess explains why I disliked this episode so much. She should never be a focal point of an episode.

Most Walking Dead episodes I don't want to end...this one I couldn't wait for it to end.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I really can't stand the Rosita character either, which I guess explains why I disliked this episode so much. She should never be a focal point of an episode.
Rick is playing the smart game in placating Negan but I like Rosita's "Fuck it, let's fight them" attitude so I'm digging her story. Plus, I'll be honest and say that she's so hot that I don't give a damn what she's doing, I'm interested.

Last edited:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Rick is playing the smart game in placating Negan but I like Rosita's "Fuck it, let's fight them" attitude so I'm digging her story. Plus, I'll be honest and say that she's so hot that I don't give a damn what she's doing, I'm interested.
I think part of my problem with her is the actress that plays her is so bad.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was one of the worst episodes of the series. Were we really supposed to believe that was Rick being eaten and not the deer?
I think the intention was to give Michonne a scare and see things through her point of view, but they definitely pulled a mini-Glenn with that one, and it was just as manipulative (even though Rick Grimes is quite possibly the only character the show can't kill off).

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It looks like we will finally be seeing Carol getting her groove back in the near future. I hope so. I miss the bad-ass Carol.
I hope she doesn't get angry with Daryl for not telling her about Glen and Abraham.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Some day there's going to be a statue of Morgan in a city square somewhere, and the plaque at its base is going to inform the reader that he single-handedly eliminated 4 percent of the global walker population.

Strong episode that really captured (pre-Richard-strangling) Morgan's philosophy that to injure an opponent is to injure oneself. And to the credit of the leader of the Negan crew who deals with the Kingdom, he knew just what a delicate balance needed to be walked. His problem is that he has a crew of thugs, and one's gotten too cocky.

After all the absolutist positions on killing, it was nice to get that scene at the end with Ezekiel, where he now recognizes that Richard was right and that the Saviors will need to be taken care of but he can also take pleasure from helping a child navigate the loss of his brother though the simple act of replanting a garden.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Man, I think this show would be so much better if they alternated between locations & stories. The episodes that are centered in one place tend to be slow (and now they give them extra time!) and if they focused on an A and B story, I think the pace would really pick up and improve the show.

And to the credit of the leader of the Negan crew who deals with the Kingdom, he knew just what a delicate balance needed to be walked. His problem is that he has a crew of thugs, and one's gotten too cocky.
Yeah, that's a guy who wants to go to 'work' and have an easy day and he has to deal with two people making his job harder.

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Can someone help me out? I've replayed the scene at the 43 min mark 3 times, and still can't interpret a line of dialog. Carol runs out of the house to grab Morgan. She says "you can leave", and then the next line is garbled for me.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
About half-way through the episode.

Carole is seriously taking over this show, Rick, Daryl, Negan and others are becoming secondary characters.

She's one tough bitch you don't want to mess with. Bakes cookies, makes great casseroles, but mega "walker" killer, or anybody else who messes with her. Look back to that scene with the pick-up truck attack, her pulling out the gun from under her sleeve.

She owns this show.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Can someone help me out? I've replayed the scene at the 43 min mark 3 times, and still can't interpret a line of dialog. Carol runs out of the house to grab Morgan. She says "you can leave", and then the next line is garbled for me.
There were a couple times in the episode I had to turn closed captioning on and that was one of them. Unfortunately I don't remember off the top of my head what was said but you should be able to turn on closed captioning.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think she said "or you could stay". The very fact that anyone is wondering what she said shows that they needed to re-record the line to make it coherent.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think she said "or you could stay". The very fact that anyone is wondering what she said shows that they needed to re-record the line to make it coherent.
You could say that about most episodes. There is no show on TV (probably ever) that I have to enable subtitles for more often. And I consider myself to have pretty decent hearing.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Yes, she said 'you could leave and you can stay' or something along those lines. This is similar to what the king said to her. She can leave, but live in the house just outside the realm so she was still there as well. She was offering her house to Morgan while she rejoined the Kingdom so he could find himself again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks